IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

RGB defrag is being a troll

Hi ragous,

Thanks for your feedback.

The are two reasons why the files can not be defragmented.

1)There is no enough continuous free space in your disk to replace the files during the defragment process. Thus, you see there are still 15 fragmented files remain after defrag.

2)Perhaps, these files are currently being used by other programs and then they can not be defragmented.

If you have other confusions, please feel free to tell us.

Thank you for supporting IObit!

ASC Defrag

I have the same problem, with about 22 files always needing defrag. They get defragged but show up again when doing another defrag straight away.

The disc space used is well under half, and the only appliacation running is ASC.

Is there a way of finding the names of the files?

Hi Penmere

In addition to enoskype may I suggest the studying of the report from both the analyse and the result of the defragmentation in detail.

You will see that most of the large files there relates to restore files which are being generated all the time (at least the date and time will be changed :-) )

These reports can be saved to somewhere if you choose that option and can the be studied at your convenience.

Easy to do in Excel for example or directly in the report.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks Enoskype - I will certainly do that.

Defrag

I found that I already had smart defrag 2 v2.7. I ran it and at the end there were no undefragmented files. Then I ran ASC which showed that there were 22 files needing defragmentation.

Thanks solbjerg - I did what you suggested in ASC and found the names of the files.

Cheers

Archived