IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

QtCore4.dll - False Positive? [SOLVED by db 1244]

Algebrator for Students vs. 5.1 (Softmath) Paid for license key and used software for homework assignments in college. http://www.softmath.com/ I have had this software on my computer for 4 years. I haven't had any other antivirus pick this up as a "virus". I also run online scans and Malwarebytes in addition to IObit and ZoneAlarm (both Pro). I've actually had IObit for a while, and it didn't pick this up as a virus until I just updated the program and ran a scan.

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 2.0.1.6

Define Version: 1243

Time Elapsed: 00:42:56

Objects Scanned: 73721

Threats Found: 1

Save Time: 6/14/2013 2:32:27 PM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Program Files\Algebrator\QtCore4.dll, 4113170

Please follow the procedure!

Hi Laura1957, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Most probably False Positive, but please upload QtCore4.dll to VirusTotal and give the report link in your next post together with the download link of it at Wikisend after uploading it there too.

You can use THIS post as an example.

IObit will further investigate the file and will tell if it is a false positives or not and if it is a false positive, in which db version it will be corrected.

Thank you and cheers.

VirusTotal results:

SHA256: c386c9e945d6dcee2d9257a70dd0ad72bf153e5759cf6fda1f37b003be6aa496

SHA1: 3514d0d436c9b4ff2cd89c950de6ef75a1414e79

MD5: c83cba363bdfe1882b72f06b7f0d9e1e

File size: 1.3 MB ( 1404928 bytes )

File type: unknown

Detection ratio: 0 / 41

Analysis date: 2010-05-21 21:38:40 UTC ( 3 years ago )

Green checks next to every antivirus listed.

http://wikisend.com/download/796594/QtCore4.dll

I hope this is what you are looking for. It seems I have already checked Algebrator in VirusTotal 3 years ago. Thank you for checking this file, and the offer to correct it in your next update. :mrgreen:

Hi Laura1957,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have reported the false positive to our product team and it will be removed by Define Version: 1244.

Your support will be our greatest stimulus to work harder to improve our products and service. Cheers.

Thanks our dear enoskype's detailed guide. :wink:

Thank you very much! :mrgreen:

I love the IObit products and I do tell all of my friends and relatives. I post it on Facebook as well. :-D

Oh, and thank you Enoskype for all of your help! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Nothing at all Laura, I am glad that your problem is solved and you are happy with IObit products. http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Archived