IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

False Positive Report -DAMN NFO Viewer.exe [SOLVED by db 1244]

Find attached the log report. I've been using this program: DAMN NFO Viewer for ages, with no discernible problems. Malware Fighter doesn't like the executable at all! I've d-quarantined it ( Thanks for making that easy :grin: )

but unless there's something I don't know, this signature might be made "White". Thanks.

Please follow the procedure!

Hi wrinklee, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Most probably False Positive, but please upload DAMN NFO Viewer.exe to VirusTotal and give the report link in your next post together with the download link of it at Wikisend after uploading it there too.

You can use THIS post as an example.

IObit will further investigate the file and will tell if it is a false positives or not and if it is a false positive, in which db version it will be corrected.

FYI, the latest database version is 1243 , please update your IMF database version to the latest.

BTW, you can copy/paste the content of IMF report to your post. (The accepted extention and maximum file size of a file to be uploaded as an attachment can be seen on the small window when you click the "Manage Attachments" button in the forum when you Go Advanced.)

Thank you and cheers.

False Positive Report ( Done 'Proper' :)

Hi enoskype :-D

Thanks for your welcome and advice. I did a quick reply, but could find no sign of it! So, here goes:

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 2.0.1.8

Define Version: 1242

Time Elapsed: 00:16:57

Objects Scanned: 60945

Threats Found: 1

Save Time: 6/13/2013 2:06:55 AM

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Program Files\DAMN NFO Viewer\DAMN NFO Viewer.exe, 4103586

VirusTotal Result:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2a3b463071d55c73178d8107f2cfb0f41d1f06b178f408326ea5dbbaa04fd6ed/analysis/

SHA256: 2a3b463071d55c73178d8107f2cfb0f41d1f06b178f408326ea5dbbaa04fd6ed

File name: DAMN NFO Viewer.exe

Detection ratio: 0 / 47

Analysis date: 2013-06-12 02:56:49 UTC

Wikisend Link to Zipped exe:

http://wikisend.com/download/127400/DamnNFO Viewer.zipx

[password applies]

That's it. Definitions updated (Fighter still sees Threat)

Have a good weekend!

wrinklee 8-)

EDIT: Please write the password for the zipped file for IObit to extract it.

Hi wrinklee,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I have reported the false positive to our product team and it will be removed by Define Version: 1244.

Welcome to receive your suggestions about our products and service.

Thanks enoskype's timely reply and detailed guide. Cheers.:wink:

So long, and thanks for all the fish

The product I have used most is System Care (even before it was called that!) and it has evolved significantly. As one of my personal fav's, I always advise peeps to give it a try. Thanks to the team for a painless experience on the forum. :grin:

Hi wrinklee,

We are really happy to receive feedbacks about our products from our users.

And I am so happy to communicate with our users. Because they are so active, warmhearted and patient like you to help us improve our products. Cheers.:wink:

Archived