IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

False Positive - Orange Mobile Partner S/W [SOLVED by db 1245]

Hi,

Antivirus Software: Bullguard Internet Security 2013, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300 Database Version 2013.06.09.01, Bullguard Internet Security 2013 Firewall

IOBIT Software: IObit Malware Fighter V2.0 (Free), Advanced System Care 6.2 (Free)

I believe that 'AddPbk.exe' is being falsely reported. I've been using this software that came with my 'Orange Dongle' since 2009 and am not aware of any issues. I did a full system scan using 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' last night which resulted in no problems found.

I have zipped a copy of the file ready for sending to 'Virustotal' if required, however, can you please advise how I password protect it? I've simply used 'Win7' to send it to a compressed folder, but can't find an option to password protect it. Hope it doesn't mean I have to download and install a specific 'ZIP' utility!

Thanks.

Please follow the procedure!

Hi Viffergb, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Probably false positive, but you can upload AddPbk.exe and DeviceController32.exe files to VirusTotal separately, they will be analysed by 40+ security softwares and you can give the report links in your next post.

You can zip both files above without a password and upload to Wikisend and give the download link in your next post too.

IObit will futher investigate and give the result if they are false positives or not.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

Thanks for the reply. I no longer have 'DeviceController32.Exe' as I allowed IObit Malware Fighter to clean everything except 'AddPbk.exe' on my system.

Here is the download link from Wikisend for 'AddPbk.exe' - http://wikisend.com/download/108872/AddPbk.zip

Here is the report link from VirusTotal for 'AddPbk.exe' - https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/827ac6153bcb872e66045ccaaff7cf13c08b66f152566f0028626e5629ddf315/analysis/1371455060/

Thanks.

Archived