IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Pro 6.2 disables Windows Help and Support Service

RonC

I have checked and verified repeatedly that running ASC disables my WinXP Help and Support service. I do a lot of software trials in search of the best tools for my graphics and video work, and I rely on System Restore a great deal, but I find that every time I run ASC 6.2 Pro, the H&S service has been disabled.

Granted, it's not much trouble to open Services and re-enable H&S, but it's becoming very annoying to have to do this every time I use ASC.

I thought that using Turbo Boost was the culprit, so stopped using that tool, but it made no difference: run ASC, lose Help and Support.

I like ASC, I think it works great [after all, I liked it enough to pay for the Pro version], but this one single issue might become a deal breaker for me.

Can anyone tell me how to configure ASC so it will stop disabling services I want and use?

Hi RonC, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Since there are many ways to use ASC, please elaborate "running ASC" in details.

It is important to know which options you are using in Settings to find out the problem you describe.

For example, which checkboxes are ticked for "Junk Files Clean"?

If you can list the options you are using and better give us the screenshots of each window in Settings, it will help us to pin point the problem.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

Cheers.

Archived