IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Paid version by mistake and now can't load free one

I somehow, it's easy enough with all the clutter on webpages, downloaded the paid version. I was going to take it off but figured might as well run out the trial. When it was up I removed it. When I download the free version and load it, it still comes up as the paid version. So, frustrated, I have had to go back to Ccleaner. Now I'm getting pop ups it's time to upgrade Ultimate. Anyone got a clue what files are still on here stops a new fresh free version from installing as a free version? :roll:

Thanks for all help! jack ":-\

What version of Windows are you running? I ask because I have a problem with Ultimate and Windows 8.

On this particular pc I am running XP. It's is an older netbook by Acer. About 6 years old. I have Advanced Care on my HP Windows 8 and it runs without a hitch. What problems are you having.

BTW, I got rid of my initial problem I think. I went through the registry "Find"ing the word ULTIMATE. I deleted every instance. There was one other that had the word Ultimate in it but it was plain that it wasn't Advanced Care, so of course I left it alone.

Now this netbook boots up and does not show Ultimate on the tasktray. Another point. After uninstalling Advanced Care Ultimate I found the folders were still under

C:\Program Files\IObit so I would delete them before searching the registry. It will help you from having to delete them while searching the registry. I have confidence with all instances out of the registry I can now install the free version successfully. Jack ":-D

Archived