IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster upgrade problems

Lane W

We are glad to hear that you like this new beta program. When talking about driver updater program, its database is always the most important concern.

Regarding the rolling back function, this beta version will create a restore point before installing your new driver. If you want to rolling back to the previous version, just click the Restore icon on the top right and then choose the related driver's backup and click Restore. Cheers.

I downloaded Driver Booster to Dell desktop (Win XP) & Dell Inspiron laptop (Win 7 Ultimate). Laptop seems to have worked ok. But, on the desktop it updated nVidia, Soundcard and something in Intel (I don't remember the specifics, but it was these 3 programs). Upon reboot the display settings cannot be adjusted and everything on the screen is HUGE and blurry. It WILL NOT RESTORE. How can I fix this asap?

I was advised this in a forum by Tim: Download directly from nVidia. So now I have to ask this: If I were to download "Directly from nVidia" what am I downloading? It doesn't really matter cause the screen is too blurry to see anything and the images & icons and nvidia's web site can't even be seen. The icons on the screen are now 1" x 1/2" and the cursor arrow is 5/8" long & the arrow is 1/4" wide. It looks like my 19" monitor is on a 4.3" smart phone screen. It looks like my 19" monitor is on a 4.3" smart phone screen

I don't want to come across this problem on the laptop and would like to undo the 1 upgrade. What do I do if Restore doesn't work on the laptop?

Someone please help me :cry: Thanks in advance

Hi Lane,

Here is what I hope is what I hope is a solution to your problem.

Go to http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion, this now the site for Driver Fusion, which I have used for years to uninstall outdated drivers. Once you have uninstalled the Nvidia driver with driver fusion, I would suggest using the registry cleaner of Ccleaner to clean up any remains of the Nvidia driver. Now you can go the website of your desktop manufacturer and download the current driver for your machine or once you have determined which GPU your machine has, go directly to Nvidia a download the current driver. Hope this provides some help and direction.

A.T.

Lane, Thought just occurred to me, have you gone to control panel and checked the display resolution, could be it defaulted to different setting when you updated. Sometime simple works.A.T.

Thanks for the help. The 1st thing I did was go Control panel>display>(advanced, I think) to see the settings were at the lowest possible. This is where I changed back to highest 32 bit, but I cannot "apply" or "save" because those "buttons" are below the taskbar (time, start, etc).

More important, I think, is why can I not reset it to the restore point Driver Booster created back at 4:29 pm Saturday?

edit I also ran chkdsk and it found no problems

I have not followed your first post yet, trying to see if there's another way to fix this before downloading/removing anything.

Everything on the screen is HUGE and blurry and I am afraid going to http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion won't help if I can see what to do

Hi Lane W ,

Welcome to the forum.

To look into this issue, please provide us the following information:

1. Please COPY & PASTE the following path into the address bar of Computer:

%AppData%\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs

And please zip all the logs and send the zipped file to support010@iobit.com.

2. You said "screen is too blurry" and "it looks like my 19" monitor is on a 4.3" smart phone screen." Please send us the screenshot of your computer screen along with the log file.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

We are sincerely sorry about this issue. Let's work together and get it sorted out.

Look forward to hearing from you.

I have been using iolo System Mechanic for over a year and have been using Advanced SystemCare for a few months to see which offers better protection/results.

Advanced SystemCare runs much quicker/faster than iolo when manually scanning the system. I prefer & use Advanced SystemCare and took Driver Booster for a "test drive" yesterday afternoon. Driver Booster has its issues, albeit in Beta, so I ran iolo this morning which updated/upgraded two drivers...perhaps the one's Driver Booster upgraded yesterday.

Subsequently I have removed Driver Booster and everything is back to normal. I will continue to use Advanced SystemCare, but Driver Booster clearly has some issues that need to be addressed. Since Drive Booster was removed I cannot provide any paths or other info, but this is a link to the picture of the monitor I took in the middle of the night: https://www.dropbox.com/s/25035pmzkboclvh/2013-06-29%2021.18.52.jpg

Hopefully my trouble can help you improve this program and I thank those who offered to help me.

Hi Lane,

If its Nvidia,

try ControlPanel>NvidiaControlPanel.

Its got its own GUI.

see attached.

Roy

Roy

Since I did this going to ControlPanel>NvidiaControlPanel yields no results since the NvidiaControlPanel will not open.

I prefer & use Advanced SystemCare and took Driver Booster for a "test drive" yesterday afternoon. Driver Booster has its issues, albeit in Beta, so I ran iolo this morning which updated/upgraded two drivers...perhaps the one's Driver Booster upgraded yesterday.

Everything is back to "normal" and I will just use Advanced SystemCare going forward. I always have reservations about updating any drivers and this is one of the reasons. Thanks for your support :-D

Archived