IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare 7

itobe

one good thing and one bad thing

The beta 2.0 release did something good and something bad. The good thing it did was find a disk error on my ssd raid 0 array and fixed it during a scan. My system boots within 15 seconds now unlike before when it was like a minute and a half. The bad part is the internet booster for firefox. It actually slows down the browsers speed of loading webpages. Downloads are fine though.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advanced SystemCare 7 Beta 2 bugs feedback

Hello,

I have found 2 bugs .

1st. I have started ASC 7 beta 2 , and after that i have locked my account , then i log in again. and i see that ASC 7 have "not responding"

2nd. I have started ASC 7 beta 2 and click on toolbar , but the program stopped working!

I hope i helped you! :-)

Updated to 2 and the ASC in tray is fixed.

With the additions I now want to get my daughter to plug her phone in so I can clean the 7k+ old msgs and other stuff out.

Startup and Shutdown are likedy split now.

No problems were fond with my raided ssds and drivers are listed as all up to date.

ASC 7 Is Great, But...

I find that ASC 7 is much faster and more complete than ASC 6, but the Action Center is annoying mostly because it keeps flagging Start Menu 8 as an actionable item. I use Stardock's Start8 program, so I feel that Action Center should either be programmed to ID other Start programs, or should have an option to turn off certain action items...like Windows Update allows you to hide optional updates.

How Well ASC v 7.0 Beta 2 Is Working

They have certainly fixed a lot of bugs in this version, But I do have the following errors/suggestions:

- Bug: Iobit Uninstaller 3 won't start up when I try to access it through toolbox or on the start menu. It tries to start then doesn't do anything (The shortcut is fine and the source file does exist so its not a broken shortcut.)

- Bug: Still some stability issues on windows 7 (Program stops responding for a short time every so often.)

- Suggestion: Remove the action center for it does not really need to be there and gets a little annoying.

- Suggestion: Add downloadable skins to the Iobit website to be able to download and apply to the program. (Skins such as popular searches or other popular themes.(Kind of like what you can do with Google Chrome.))

- Suggestion: Make the Empty Folder Scanner tool have a setting where you can scan without excluding some of the security folders. (Exactly like the Disc Cleaner Tool allows you to do.)

These are some of the big ideas that I think should be implemented into the program. I hope the next beta's keep getting better and better!

It was no problem ken my pleasure. At least iobit will now be aware of the problem as well. That is what makes software like driver booster so complex it is not always just a matter of programming it is also a matter of the drivers working with one another. So at least you can rest assured that Driver Booster did what it was intended to do and this specific problem was actually a manufacter driver :):-D

Hi TJB1982,

Thank you so much to make everything clear here. You are so considerate. IObit is proud of having users like you. Cheers. :wink::mrgreen:

Hello!

I have big problem!

I'm using ASC 7 Beta 2 and Windows 8.1 RTM ...

And after using ASC - Windows Metro apps don't work! They have "X" in the right bottom!

I'm not 100 % sure if this problem is related to ASC but I haven't installed any other programs so....

Hi norton737,

Thanks for your feedback.

Does the issue continues? If it does, please download the tool from http://download.iobit.com/test/info-helper-v7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi norton737,

Thanks for your feedback.

Does the issue continues? If it does, please download the tool from http://download.iobit.com/test/info-helper-v7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to your reply.

I reinstalled my Windows because of this problem!

I can't say anything bad about ASC. It has always worked for me. I use it everyday, along with Malware Fighter and Smart Defrag. I use Windows 7 and Microsoft Security Essentials. I rely on ASC and MSE to keep my computer in good working order, and that seems to be the case. Thanks!

re: asc 7

when I first downloaded it my pc acted completely messed up.. had to restart it. twice, at first I thought this program had screwed up my system and wiped it out.. but then it worked beautifully. and it cleaned my system up better than 6 did. while I still like the previous version of uninstall the new one seems to be ok.. so far ASC 7 is a great utility and works wonderfully,, unlike Microsoft when they put out a new os..lol. ..

ASC 7 Beta 2.0 Feedback After Initial Use

Greetings, IObit Team.

I noted some facts about Advanced SystemCare 7 Beta 2.0.

Program Deactivator:

Some programs appeared as "always enabled" when they were actually neither running nor set to run at startup.

Homepage Protection:

It works with the workaround posted on the forum (http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=15861), but it would be more convenient if it had a field to enter the homepage address for each selected browser, instead of just for Internet Explorer.

IObit Uninstaller:

I highly appreciate the fact that it is now possible to choose whether to set a system restore point first, before the process actually begins. Also, the new user interface is simple and easy to use. I think, however, that instead of having "Batch Uninstall" as an option, the checkboxes should always be visible, since clicking the trash can icon functions the same way whether the "Batch Uninstall" box is checked or not. The user would uninstall one program by simply clicking the trash can icon beside that one program without messing with the check boxes, and would remove multiple programs by checking the boxes and then clicking the trash can. Just an idea to simplify the interface.

System Optimization:

I observed that the following settings had different recommendations in ASC 7 Beta 2 than in ASC 6.4, both versions using the "Top Performance (Home User)" setting:

Disable 8.3 names for NTFS and speed up disk access [NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation]

Disable last access for NTFS and speed up disk access [NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate]

In ASC 6.4, both of these have a recommended value of 1, while in ASC 7 Beta 2 they are recommended as 0. I mean this as neither a pro nor a con, but only as a difference I noticed.

A few possible preference considerations could include an option to view ASC 7 in a smaller window the size of the window in which ASC 6.4 runs, and an option to disable transitional effects when changing views (e.g., the transition from the "care" menu to the "scanning" screen). These changes would make ASC 7 more friendly to older netbooks, while retaining the modern layout. I am using a netbook with a 1024x600 display, so I have to change a few settings to use programs that require higher resolutions.

So far, ASC 7 seems it is going to be a great improvement.

My system specs are as follows:

Model: ASUS Eee PC 900HA

CPU: Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz single-core with HT support

RAM: 2 GB DDR2

HDD: 160 GB SATA

Video: Intel GMA 950

Hi gbanger89 ,

Thanks for your detailed feedbacks.

1) Program Deactivator: For the issue " Some programs appeared as "always enabled" when they were actually neither running nor set to run at startup", do you mean that some programs are always enabled even you disabled it after reboot? Please describe it more clearly.

2) Homepage Protection:

For the issue " it would be more convenient if it had a field to enter the homepage address for each selected browser", actually, you can make settings for other Browsers. Please just turn off Homepage Protection and tick the browser and that you want to keep homepage.

3) IObit Uninstaller: I will report your suggestions to our product team for consideration.

Also I will report your last suggestion about the size of the main screen of ASC v7 to our product team.

Sincerely thanks for your suggestions again. Cheers. :wink:

hi,

add the ability to add "user defined" items to the auto-clean section of settings some may have folders or file types they wish to have cleaned out regularly for example "C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Temp" etc.

Hi jinarion,

Thanks for your suggestion. It sounds good. I will report it to our product team for consideration.

Welcome more suggestions. Cheers. :-D

They have certainly fixed a lot of bugs in this version, But I do have the following errors/suggestions:

- Bug: Iobit Uninstaller 3 won't start up when I try to access it through toolbox or on the start menu. It tries to start then doesn't do anything (The shortcut is fine and the source file does exist so its not a broken shortcut.)

- Bug: Still some stability issues on windows 7 (Program stops responding for a short time every so often.)

- Suggestion: Remove the action center for it does not really need to be there and gets a little annoying.

- Suggestion: Add downloadable skins to the Iobit website to be able to download and apply to the program. (Skins such as popular searches or other popular themes.(Kind of like what you can do with Google Chrome.))

- Suggestion: Make the Empty Folder Scanner tool have a setting where you can scan without excluding some of the security folders. (Exactly like the Disc Cleaner Tool allows you to do.)

These are some of the big ideas that I think should be implemented into the program. I hope the next beta's keep getting better and better!

Hi Machinemania3,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

1) For the issue about " IObit Uninstaller 3" , please re-install it from http://download.iobit.com/toolbox/toolbox201309023/IObitUninstaller.exe to see whether the issue still remains.

2) For the " stability issues ", could you please describe it more clearly? Which buttons did you run when there is no response.

3) For the skin issue, please look at http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=15817

4) For your suggestion about " Folder Scanner" , I will report it to our product team for consideration.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC!

SystemCare v7 Beta 2.0

Where is the kit?

The SC v7 Beta 2.0 is fantastiac software. Not only does it clean up one's computer and make it run almost like new, but it helped me to get rid of some nasty programs that were leaving fragments behind and causing problems. The Unistaller has the ability to dig deep and clean up remnants of programs that just won't go away.

Probably the best feature of all is the "Driver Booster" which updates all the drivers in one's system. It caught updates in some of my drivers that had been in need for quite awhile. It caught these, and I don't know how, when Microsoft Update had missed them completely.

The visual graphics of the SC v7 are clean and easy to use just as are those of the V6. It takes no special knowledge of computers to operate it. I'm very much a lay person when it comes to computers and I had no trouble operating System Care 7 from the onset. The icons and the general layout are very intuitive.

The only downside I can see to SC7 Beta 2 is that at times it seems a little slower than v6 but, then again, it often seems to pick up more items during cleanup.

All is all a great product!

IOBit Uninstaller

I noticed that if you use IOBit uninstaller to remove a driver (such as amd catalyst) it causes damage to the operating system. I used it on my pc to uninstall the AMD Catalyst driver and than when I right clicked on my Desktop instead of saying Screen Resolution it just says display. I also noticed that some of the resolutions my monitor supports were not available and that the refresh rates were affected as well. It was no big problem for me because I needed to re-install windows anyway as I was updating to the Windows 8.1 RTM.

Suggestion For ASC 7

It would be nice if the system optimization profiles you select in the settings had an option for gaming as well. Also I have noticed that after running the scan that my networking settings get changed and locked. No matter how many times I tell it to enable file sharing it will not switch over. It also than makes joining / making homegroups a problem. I use regular filesharing not the option to share with the homegroup