IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare 7

itobe

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Octavian

What happens if you have a problem with the new driver and you need to do a rollback to the old driver. If you have cleaned all references for the old driver, you will not be able to rollback. I think this could be a bad idea.

Driver Cleaner should be present in the toolbox.User can use this tool if perform hardware upgrade and should be deleted previous drivers to install new ones.

In addition the user can make backup of the old drivers on a removable drive.

Driver Cleaner should be present in the toolbox.User can use this tool if perform hardware upgrade and should be deleted previous drivers to install new ones.

In addition the user can make backup of the old drivers on a removable drive.

that cant be done on some systems

More Battery Life. Less Power Consumption.

The laptop battery keeps dying far too quickly and desktop uses up way too much power,the solution is here, here is a strategy to Economy Mode function.

• Reduced processor power consumption: Economy Mode reduces your processors’ performance and optimizes their power consumption for maximum battery life and sufficient power for basic, everyday use.

• Great power savings for your devices: Economy Mode reduces the power consumption of many built-in and connected devices.

• Turn off energy-sapping programs: Economy Mode switches off unnecessary background processes that slow PC performance down.

Economy Mode increases your PC’s mobility and saves you money by reducing its energy consumption.

My suggestion is that in the future Advanced System Care to be implemented Economy Mode.

Undelete Usability

I know ASC does quite a few jobs so it's probably not going to do them all as well as some standalone programs, however I find undelete not very useful or effective.

I tried to use it this morning to find a save game file. As the original game had been deleted I didn't know what the name of the file would be so had no idea where to start looking through the thousands of files found.

I therefore resorted to a (free) alternative, which listed the the found files by original directory... much more use as I knew the directory structure where the files would have been saved. This program found what I was looking for.

Now that I knew the name of the file I went back to ASC Undelete function, only to find that it could not find the files anyway (I did try looking before I restored them above :-))

Anyway, and undelete function that worked would be great.

• 1 month later...

How can run in Advanced System Care 7.2 Turbo Boost with Economy mode? Turbo Boost is designed to increase the computer performance(speed), but Economy Mode is designed to reduce the power consummation, if power consummation is reduced this mean that the maximum performance is not guaranteed. I suggest that Economy Mode to be independent from Turbo Boost.

• 3 weeks later...

an idea

:arrow:i know ASCU7 has the program deactivator. but could the programers add a services option <like going to Control Panel - administrative tools - services> because some services are bogging the computer.. like Themes,windows defender,windows search, all the remote services(exp.remote procedure call <RPC> IP helper just to name a few:mrgreen:

I present a scheme with best settings and suggestions settings which should be included in Economy Mode from Advanced System Care 7.

General Settings

Here you can specify whether configuration functions should also be offered that reduce the performance of the system and turn off visual effects. You can also decide whether Economy Mode should remain turned on when the computer is restarted.

Screen

Your computer's screen may use more energy even than hardware components such as the hard disk or the processor, for example. Reducing the screen brightness or turning off the screen after a short time if you are

not using the computer will reduce energy consumption considerably.

Screen brightness (only for laptops)

General: This setting determines how much the general screen brightness should be reduced when Economy Mode is on.

When dimming: This setting determines how much the general screen brightness should be reduced when the screen is dimmed when Economy Mode is on.

Screen behaviour

Turn off: This setting determines the period of time until the screen should be switched off when Economy Mode is on.

Dimming (only for laptops): This setting determines the period of time until the screen is dimmed when Economy Mode is on.

Hardware

If you turn off hardware components temporarily, the energy consumption of your computer will be reduced.

What is more, every computer has many services running in the background that detect connected devices and provide you with the necessary functions to use these devices. You can restrict the amount of this support

In order to reduce the energy consumption of your computer.

Hardware components

Hard disk standby: This setting determines the period of time until the hard disk should go into standby mode when Economy Mode is on.

Processor energy-saving settings: This setting determines the extent of energy saving for the processor when Economy Mode is on.

Wireless adapter energy-saving settings (only in Windows Vista and 7): This option determines the extent of energy saving for the wireless adapter when the Economy Mode is on.

Connection to external devices

Synchronization with mobile devices: This setting will prevent synchronization of addresses, e-mails, music files, etc. with your cell phone or portable media player and the related program will not start

automatically when the device is connected while Economy Mode is on.

Support for digital cameras and scanners: This setting means that you cannot import images from your digital camera or scan images when Economy Mode is on.

Services

The operating system performs many more tasks than most users are aware of. Many programs and services run permanently in the background, although they are not strictly necessary and use energy needlessly. If you

never use some of these functions you can disable them and permanently reduce your computer's energy consumption.

Background functions

Network sharing of media library: This setting ensures that other network devices cannot access your images, videos or music in the media library when Economy Mode is on. However, Economy Mode does not affect the share of folders in the network.

Quick search using index creation: This setting ensures that Windows does not create an index of your files and e-mails when Economy Mode is on. Turning off this setting slows down any searches significantly.

Error Reporting: This setting ensures that no data will be gathered regarding errors and there will be no communication with Microsoft about crashed programs or other errors when Economy Mode is on.

Support for virtual machines: (This setting is only available if your computer has software for virtual machines installed on it.) This setting turns off background functions for the use of virtual machines when Economy Mode is on.

Various services

Rarely used services: This setting turns off services that are only needed in specific circumstances (e.g.company networks) or situations (e.g. installation of new programs) when Economy Mode is on.

Special encryption services: When Economy Mode is on, this setting turns off services for logging on to a domain.

Network communication services: When Economy Mode is on, this setting turns off network communication services that are rarely used, e.g. fax or peer-to-peer services.

Display

Visual effects provide a graphical display of Windows but take up valuable space in the memory. Particularly with a low performance graphics card you can increase the computer's performance by turning off visual

effects.

Tip: This is a popular way of increasing the performance of netbooks on a sustained basis.

Visual effects

Visual special effects for windows: This setting turns off transparency effects and shadows of windows,the preview window in the taskbar and three-dimensional navigation between windows when Economy Mode is on.

Classic window style: This setting uses the classic Windows design for the appearance of windows,menus and buttons when Economy Mode is on. Also, in Windows XP, the colorful Windows interface is disabled, whereas in newer Windows transparency effects and thumbnails of windows in the taskbar are

disabled.

Desktop background

Slideshow: This setting stops the slideshow for the desktop background when Economy Mode is on.

Octavian

Having read your lengthy suggestion regarding Economy Mode, I have come to the conclusion that if all these things were done that the pc would be useful only as a paper weight or maybe with a nice picture on the screen it could become an expensive decoration.

I have no idea what you expect Iobit to actually do, other than send a technician to every users home, to adjust the settings every few minutes depending on the users mood.

It is a pc...it is supposed to be enjoyed and to assist you in your everyday life...it is not supposed to take over your life.

Octavian

Having read your lengthy suggestion regarding Economy Mode, I have come to the conclusion that if all these things were done that the pc would be useful only as a paper weight or maybe with a nice picture on the screen it could become an expensive decoration.

I have no idea what you expect Iobit to actually do, other than send a technician to every users home, to adjust the settings every few minutes depending on the users mood.

It is a pc...it is supposed to be enjoyed and to assist you in your everyday life...it is not supposed to take over your life.

I wanted to tell that these settings would be useful if it would be possible to implement in the Economy Mode feature. I studied and I published here the best settings that would make the Economy Mode with real energy savings. I do not encourage Economy Mode that goes along with Turbo Boost, would be good as these 2 ways to be different.

• 2 weeks later...

Not Again

I have spent all night doing a recovery of my main computer so I could have it done before i had to work today!!!!!!! in which i needed the computer!!!!!

Now you guys know me I love IOrbit but *&^%$#dam after all that work the last software i put on my computer is the antivirus and ASC7 but what do ya know that stupid *** DRIVER MORON has managed to knock out my USB ports ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no recovery now I have to start over and loose a days work not to mention how much my workload will be tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I refuse to put ASC7 back on unless you can get me a copy that does NOT have driver moron on it.

this is the second time this has happened to me

BTW i started it up in safe mode and still no USB ports NO KEYBOARD OR MOUSE

Once again, I have to state that I wish Iobit had never gone down the driver booster route. It is a very dubious area, and it would be safer for all to let users source their own driver updates.

In the meantime, Driver Booster should not be loaded automatically and Iobit should implement a procedure whereby a user has to deliberately run Driverbooster, and many warnings should be issued during this process as to the danger of updating drivers.

I recommend once again to all users, not to update drivers unless you have a driver related issue, and then go to the software manufacturers site and the pc manufacturers site to be sure that you are getting the corect driver, and be aware that even this may not guarantee success, as different hardware manufacturers ( such as graphics cards etc...) may have their own seperate driver updates.

Finally, my condolences to CKCustom, for being let down by this product.

• 3 weeks later...

For the future Advanced System Care I suggest to be added a interesting and important feature: Speed up the start-up of programs (This optimization method intervenes if you start up a program manually when the computer is already under heavy load. For a short period immediately after the program has started, processing power is temporarily redistributed, giving the program in question a separate performance boost. This boost is achieved by temporarily prioritizing the program in question. For a short period immediately after the program is started the processing power of the computer is temporarily redistributed, giving the program in question a separate performance boost. This boost is achieved by temporarily prioritizing the program in question. No other programs are affected.)

Hello. :) I know that XP is used by many users but it's from 2002! I'm sure that you know that for 12 years many things have been changed in digital world. Windows 8.1 is really very good OS /no matter that it's in beta now/ so users must be forced to update to newer OS! Also XP support will be dropped next year / by Microsoft / so ... :) I don't see why modern optimization and antivirus products have to support it when newer OS are working even faster and they're more secured. :)

So I'll ever claim that people must get rid of XP! :)

Hi I am one of the unwashed (XP user)! just got Win7 running, on vintage Notebook. That's all I can afford; there are many people in my position and without tech u r out of the game ... Peace, lve n light>

Hi I am one of the unwashed (XP user)! just got Win7 running, on vintage Notebook. That's all I can afford; there are many people in my position and without tech u r out of the game ... Peace, lve n light>

I think that Microsoft should be required to sell XP to another company so that people could continue to user the software. I have many client that have many computer and software written for machines that now require huge expenses to convert to windows 7. This will cost millions to some companies. GM uses XP on alot of computers and would cost billions to convert, I hear that they are continuing to use XP and have to create a seperate network to keep these computers safe.

Cant you guy create an addition to ASC7 that would protect XP for those who cannot afford to switch.

XP

Hi CK,

an interesting thought, but any security flaws (1) that MS finds in regard to XP are NOT going to be openly published so therfor Iobit will have no knowledge of them, ergo they will not be able to produce a fix for them. However Virus/malware items are routinely updated, see Cicely's post in ASCU..

NB (1), these only relate to general public versions of XP,

many governments and i suspect many large companies, have entered into contracts to extend the support for XP, for a number of years to come.

Roy

Advanced System Care would be good to have Accelerating System Start-up and Shutdown (Using this module, you can check your computer for anything that may be unnecessarily slowing down system start-up or shutdown. You will receive the results of this check in the form of recommendations and you can either choose to apply all of them immediately or first look at them carefully one by one.)

Advanced System Care would be good to have Accelerating System Start-up and Shutdown (Using this module, you can check your computer for anything that may be unnecessarily slowing down system start-up or shutdown. You will receive the results of this check in the form of recommendations and you can either choose to apply all of them immediately or first look at them carefully one by one.)

It already has it. It is called Startup Manager and it is in the Toolbox.