IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Very stubborn Surfing Protection

I honestly don't know how or why, but several months ago, I discovered that ASC Surfing Protection extension is installed in my browsers.

I immediately disabled and uninstalled it from both Firefox and Chrome.

Not long after, I noticed that it reappeared again in both browsers.

However, while it remains disabled in Firefox, it persists in remaining active in Chrome.

I have uninstalled and disabled the extension for more than a dozen times in Chrome, but it keeps reappearing; and worse, enabling itself.

While I am generally satisfied with ASC, this issue with the Surfing Protection extension is driving me nuts.

If I do not get a solution within the next day, I will have no choice but to uninstall ASC.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi smeagol

Welcome to the forum. After you disable the protection you must restart your browser for the changes to take effect.

If you need to uninstall the extension, then use Iobit Uninstaller to perform the task. It has a deep scan facility which removes any leftovers. I hope this solves your issue.

Hi smeagol,

Sorry to hear that the you do not like Advanced SystemCare Browser protection.

Please try the methods by Scannan. It can help you. Thanks Scannan's timely reply.:-D

Could you please tell us why you do not like Advanced SystemCare Browser protection? Because it can ensure your online security.

If you have any suggestions for our products or service, please feel free to tell us.

Thanks for supporting IObit.

Hello guys.

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, none of your solutions seem to be working.

I've disabled it from the ASC settings, uninstalled it using IObit Uninstaller, uninstalled the extension from the browsers, and disabled the extensions as well - but nothing seems to work.

Looks like I will have to uninstall ASC now.

Regards,

ps: Almost forgot. Someone asked why I wanted to uninstall it. Notwithstanding the fact that it slows down my surfing (I regularly have more than a dozen active tabs on both FF and Chrome at the same time), I did not like the fact that the software installed itself without my permission.

Hi smeagol,

Thank you for your reply.

When you said " but nothing seems to work", do you mean that you can not uninstall Advanced SystemCare Browser protection? Or do you mean your PC still runs slowly even you uninstalled it? Because ASC can be disabled or uninstalled normally.

Besides, please download the tool from: http://download.iobit.com/test/info-helper-v6.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file ASC6_Info_File.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can look into the issue further.

Thanks for supporting IObit.

Hi Cicely.

I must say that I am impressed with the support on this forum.

I have just downloaded the software and will follow your instructions and post back again tonight.

Thanks.

EDIT: When I said nothing seems to work, I mean the extension is still present in both Firefox and Chrome (and now that I check, also on Opera) despite uninstalling the program, removing the extension, disabling the extension and disabling the option in the ASC setting.

Hi smeagol

It is very strange that you cannot simply remove/disable the extension. I think that the fact that you have just discovered that it is also present in Opera, may be the cause of your problem. You obviously removed it from FF and Chrome as per the suggestions but did not realise it was also in Opera. This may have allowed it to reinstall in the other browsers. I look forward to seeing how you get on following Cicely's advice.

@eno

With THAT Many Browsers operating, there's No wonder the poor computer is Getting Confused. :shock: :-( :lol:

Just use IE-10 and All the problems will Go-Away! 8:) :grin:

Pale Moon (third party build of FF),lean and mean! 8-) :mrgreen:

-Cowboy

Its a major component

Hi All,

my understanding would be that the program would automatically reinstall the exe, everytime an update is applied

So the only way would be to turn it off as i said in my earlier post.

Roy

Archived