IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Realtek Audio Driver problem (Driver Booster database issue?) [NOT A DATABASE ISSUE!][SOLVED by DB Beta 2.0]

repsakasper

So, I have used the beta of Driver Booster for quite some time, and have already installed a couple of drivers. However, there seems to be a problem, or a missing information, or misleading instructions?

Today I opened the Driver Booster and checked for driver updates, and found an update for Realtek High Definition Audio, however I don't know, if it really is an update, or not.

When I open details, it says:

Current driver:

Version 6.0.1.6804

Released: 12/18/2012

New driver:

Version 5.10.0.6886

Released: 04/17/2013

So, should I trust the Driver Booster, and update due to the release date information, or keep my already installed driver, which according to the information is the latest version?

I took a screenshot of the driver details:

http://s7.postimg.org/4386cziez/Audio_Driver_problem.jpg

Hi repsakasper,

Please note that the release date is the primary basis when it comes to decide whether this updated driver is the newest. The Version number is just a symbol that should be checked after checking release date. Please do not be confused.

The new version which Driver Booster detected is the right and newest one. You can decide whether to update it at your convenience.

Please feel free to post on this forum if you have other concerns.

Cheers

Thank you

Thanks for the answer, that was the one I was looking for.

I will make a System recovery file and try to update the software. If it ruins my sound, I can just go back to the old one.

If the new does not work properly, I will inform you, if no problem, this post ends the form :)

Hi repsakasper, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

If you have a problem with the new driver, and the OS system starts normally even if you have the problem with the new installed driver, you don't have to do a total System Recovery, but you can revert back to the last driver in Device Manager in Windows.

You will have the Roll Back Driver button alive when you go to the Driver tab in Properties of the driver as you will have the previous driver stored in your system.

Please have a look to the attached image.

Cheers.

Hi scrd01,

Do you mean that the driver is still the original one after you clicked "Update" to download and install the latest one?

Please send us the logs under %AppData%\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs

Thank you.

Realtek drivers

Hi Cicely,

sorry for the delay.

Logs as requested.

Latest 19/7/13 DB shows as correct.

MS shows as correct.

2 sets of logs from DB as 1 shows more detail.

this is odd as DB and MS both report upto date

Roy

• 3 months later...

Realtrek Audio Problem

Hey Guys , I have a older computer ,that works great , Have been using IOBIT free download version for at least 3 years or more . It s a great product ,, just recently ( Advance System Care 6.4 ) in action center , suggested to install anti malware and drive booster to protect computer ( fix all ) it offered free. So I did , wow , after completion and reboot ,, my volume control on task bar was gone ! Now I have no video sound , no sounds at all , which worked perfectly before . Reading posts here , is it possible to regain it ?? Know it just didn't disappear , Device Manager shows things working properly . Would roll back driver work to regain it ? Became very disappointed and uninstalled both , but I cant seem to get it . In Advance System Care , there is a rescue , will that reverse everything back ??

Archived