IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Concerned and removed malware v 2

I was investigating AV software and came across the following from PC Magazine online for your recently upgraded product:

It is rated as unacceptable-

Pros

Attractive user interface.

Cons

Worst ever scores in both malware blocking and malware removal tests. No protection against malicious downloads. Real-time protection doesn't kick in until malware tries to launch. Behavior-based detection flags both malicious and safe programs. No provision for handling malware that resists installation.

Bottom Line

There's absolutely no reason to buy or even try IObit Malware Fighter 2. It doesn't function as an antivirus and doesn't effectively fight malware. In testing, it reported seven thoroughly infested systems as perfectly clean. Avoid it.

By Neil J. Rubenking

"Antivirus" is a shorthand word we use to describe a security product that protects against all types of malware, not just viruses. A product with the ability to "detect and remove malware of all kind, like spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms, and hijackers" clearly fits this definition, you'd think. Those words come from the description of IObit Malware Fighter 2. However, while I was testing this $29.95 product, my IObit contact stated "IMF 2 is not an antivirus product." After finishing my testing, I have to conclude that it also is not a malware-fighting product; I've never seen such poor results.

All of the above can be found here http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2419549,00.asp

I am used to decent stuff from Iobit- now I am having my doubts. Incidentally, the same article gave a much better review of Advanced System Care 6. Its biggest knock was related to the malware fighter part.

As a result, I have removed MalwareFighter 2 from my system. I would be interested to hear a response from Iobit re this.

Archived