IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Issues with ASC6, ASCU6, and just about every other Product.

The problem has plagued me for a week and a half, my trial version of ASCU6 ran out and I had to convert back to ASC6. Through the conversion, it seems that my original uninstall file had gotten corrupt for every Iobit product.

When I converted back, and simply wished and attempted to uninstall and remove the products from my computer, I get the an error saying that I can both not delete the products, and I do not personally have the permission to do so.

(I have no uninstall000.exe? and a .dll? file could not be deleted. I forget the two files specifically, but it's that problem with all 4.)

- My plan to fix, I went to the registry and deleted the files manually through there, and fresh restarted. The problem is, ASC, ASC6, Iobit Malware Fighter, Iobit Smart Defrag (Specifically) would remain installed and start up as they usually did, giving out the same error as above. So I tried again, and again, and gave up on it for a few days.

This has not turned me away from any of the products by far, as I enjoyed using them, but this issue is just extreme for me. @.@

thoughts

Hi there,

couple of thoughts

Have you got a really old restore point prior to installation of ASC trial.

try Revo uninstaller.

permissions,

install sysinternals and run the reset permissions, hammer mode.

Roy

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

....(I have no uninstall000.exe? and a .dll? file could not be deleted. I forget the two files specifically, but it's that problem with all 4.)

- My plan to fix, I went to the registry and deleted the files manually through there, and fresh restarted. The problem is, ASC, ASC6, Iobit Malware Fighter, Iobit Smart Defrag (Specifically) would remain installed and start up as they usually did, giving out the same error as above. So I tried again, and again, and gave up on it for a few days....

I would suggest, first:

• Download IObit Uninstaller from MajorGeeks

This is standalone (portable) software and will not be installed, you just need to click on the icon to run it

Then, using IObit Smart Defrag as an example:

• Download a fresh copy of IObit Smart Defrag and install it. This should reinstall "uninstall000.exe? and a .dll? file"

• Exit the software (if it is running after the install) and make sure all features are not running including those in the System Tray

• Launch IObit Uninstaller

• Select Smart Defrag and uninstall it

• Restart your computer

Then download and reinstall the other software and follow the same uninstall procedure but do this one software at a time

All the best, woz of oz

Hi XUnholyWrathX,

Sorry to hear that. Did you try the methods by wozofoz? If you did not, plase try. It will be helpful. If you meet any issues, please feel free to tell us with related screenshots.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

wozofoz, thanks for your timely reply. :wink:

Well, scrd01, it seems that you changed a new profile:mrgreen: . Happy to see that you are active in our forum.

Archived