IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

an end to the upgrade blues

I've noticed lately that many of the upgrade problems seem to be caused by not closing out the program before attempting the upgrade.Now this subject has been beat like a dead horse and the glue from that horse has secured countless sticky's on the subject-now, that said, a window pops up this morning telling me that I have an upgraded version available for one of my security utilities-great!-since this is a paid one, I waste no time clicking on that option-while watching the download, I realize I haven't closed out the application(oh S#*t)-but wait,lets play this through and see what happens-download ok-lets attempt install-up pops another little window informing me that a previous version of this utility is currently running,AND would I like to close out the app. and proceed with the install-(accomplished by a click in the box provided)-now I don't write software, but it seems this shouldn't be too much to add to the current upgrade applications-sure would prevent a lot of problems,repeat threads and responses, and people just generally p'd off-since we can't force people to READ-perhaps we can build in a fail safe-anyone?

Sounds good to me but I don't know how much work that would entail. I used to write my own software utilities back in the 8 bit days in Basic and assembly. But when it got into visual basic in Windows 9X---It got too complicated for me lol.

Archived