IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD 2.8 auto analyze and defrag SD card?

ektorbarajas

Hi.

Today I noticed this issue:

I inserted a SD card, worked on some files and wanted to securely remove it, but SD won't allow. So I checked and SD was auto analyzing my SD card! even that the automatic defrag option was disabled.

I think this is a bug, since Automatic defrag was disabled for that SD card then SD won't even start analyzing it.

iobit I hope you fix this issue for the sake of SD cards.

Thanks

Hector

I recommend that you do Not run any defrag programs on a SSD drive (or any solid-state device), if that is what you are talking about?

It will cause premature failure of the drive,

since there are a limited mount of reads/writes to those drives before they fail.

Hi. I don't want to defrag any flash or ssd drive. My point is that SD by itself started to analyze my just connected microSD card. And if I didn't stopped it SD would have started to defrag it. Even that automatic defrag was off. That's a bug to my understanding.

Hi ektorbarajas,

Thanks for your feedback.

The issue you mentioned will be fixed in SD 2.8.1 and SD 2.8.1 is on the way.

Please download it when it is released to solve the issue.:-D

Thanks Toppack's timely and warmhearted reply. Cheers. :wink:

Archived