IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows Defender off at Startup

Laurie

Hi Everyone,

Can you help me?

Windows Defender - startup since installing Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 with ANTIVIRUS and free version Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

On my Vista laptop Windows Defender "WD" does not start automatically when I turn the computer on - it has to be turned on manually each time.

I've checked OPTIONS for Windows Defender real-time protection and autostart is checked.

I have Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 with ANTIVIRUS and free version Malwarebytes Anti-Malware could any of this be relevant?

Would appreciate advice, please.

:-P Laurie"

Hi Scannan and Everyone,

Thank you!!

My thoughts exactly, but still learning.

I actually did a search how to uninstall WD to no avail before I posted thinking it was interfering with asc6u or malwarebytes which I hope are MORE powerful and intuitive to protect my machine.

As you all probably know, WD on Vista has NO option to uninstall. :roll:

Do you know if it is okay to turn off real-time protection and advanced protection and if that will stop Windows Security alerts during startup and at anytime :?:

Thank You!

Laurie"

Laurie

I do not see a need to uninstall WD. It is no harm to have an additional security program which you can run once in a while as a double check on your present security software. A lot of users do this as an added check.

You should be able to disable WD with the ASC startup manager which is located in the toolbox.

Archived