IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 8.1 pro broke start 8

zkosn

Running the latest version of start 8 (1.20)

I upgraded laptop to 8.1 (I have MSDN). Start 8 was working perfectly before upgrade.

I have disable corners and start at reboot checked. (Those are the interesting ones)

After a reboot, I see the Start 8 icon (where the new Windows start button is).

When I click on it, no menu pops up and the taskbar and whatever window that has focus just slowly alternate in and out of focus. Every second or so.

Left click or right click has no effect on the start 8 button.

I have to kill the start 8 processes to stop the focus loop.

I was pretty sure I already tried version 1.2.1 but just to be sure I downloaded it again and tried it. Version 1.2.1 still causes this problem. It seems there is a bug in version 1.2.1 and Windows 8.1 RTM. Which I think will mean there will be the same buy in the released version of Windows 8.1.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are looking into the issue.By the way, Currently, Start Menu8 v 1.2.1 does not support Win 8 RTM and it is available in the next version. But the situation you mentioned on Win 8.1 Pro should be a glitch in our product. We will try to fix it asap.

Thanks for supporting IObit.

Hi guys,

Good news.

Here is a way to solve the issue, please take the steps below to see whether the issue can be solved:

1) Please follow the steps below to uninstall the current version:

Open the installation directory of Start Menu 8>>find unins00.exe>>double click to run it and follow the tips to uninstall the program.

2)Download the demo from http://wikisend.com/download/583754/setup(4).exe and install it

Hope it is useful. cheers:wink:

2)Download the demo from ... and install it

Well, at the risk of sounding paranoid, I gotta say that's a peculiar filename (but that's easily changed). What concerns me more is that the URL isn't pointing to a server at iobit.com, and the installer isn't digitally signed, while the normal installer for Start Menu 8 is.

Any chance you could provide a digitally-signed copy?

• 3 weeks later...

Win 8.1 & Star Menu incompatibility

Downloaded from Wikileaks, but security software quarantined program indcating it was infected with a virus.

Having same problem with incompatibility of Win 8.1 and Start Menu program. Please notify when a secure version of program is available. Thx.

Start Menu 8 -1.3 fully supports Windows 8.1 RTM !

Hi BKSmith714,

Have you tried Start Menu 8 -1.3 downloading and installing it from the link in Start Menu 8 - 1.3.0 is released! thread?

Start Menu 8 - 1.3 is fully compatible with Win 8.1 RTM and released final Win 8.1.

Change Info SM8 1.3:

+ Fully supported Windows 8.1 RTM

+ Improved the UI

* Fixed the bug of shortcut

* Fixed general bugs

Cheers.

Archived