IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart defrag optimize completely screwed up my games

Blue67impala

Ever since i used the smart defrag optimize function my games have been jittery, they freeze for a brief moment and resume. Its like a bad lag but its ot network or graphics card related. My games worked fine before i did this. is there a solution, to fix this issue? (you know besides reinstalling every game i have) please help! Most of my games are nearly unplayable especially warframe.

Hi Blue67impala ,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have reported the issue to our programmers. Here we have the following questions: does the issue still remains after reboot? As you mentioned, "they freeze for a brief moment and resume", does it happens every time when you play games? After is resumed, does it happen again?

Thank you for supporting IObit!

Yes I have rebooted multiple times and used the games own defrag utility to fix the issue and no luck. I have also tried using system restore. This freezing and resuming does happen multiple times within the game, sometimes when the game freezes you can still hear the audio. I have tried multiple games and every one has this problem. If I get a chance later today I will record a video of the problem so you can see first hand.

Hi Blue67impala ,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried uninstall Smart defrag to see whether the issue continues? Because it seems the issue is not related to Smart defrag as it can resume. Also, it is a little weird that the system restore does not help.

Did you use other programs to play the game? And please check and make sure that your network is ok.

Looking forward to your reply.

I have uninstalled smart defrag and tried another game, tom clancy's future soldier. Issue is present within that game too. Also tried borderlands 2, same thing. I defragged my computer a few times and it seems to have made the lag not as bad, but it's still there. And you can clearly hear the audiio skipping and repeating, which doesn't happen when you have graphics card issues, so that's not the cause. My games worked fine before I did this optimization too. In addition when I go on sites with a lot of content, like social networking sites, my computer slows down drastically, and typing a single sentence takes forever because it lags too. when I look in the task manager chrome is taking up 100% of the cpu. Warframe does the same thing when it's updating. I might have to reinstall my entire operating system.

Could you possibly tell me exactly what smart defrags optimization does? like the exact process that goes into it? There's got to be a reason this is happening.

Archived