IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Start Menu 8 1.2.1

davidhk129

I have recently upgraded from Win 8 pro to Win 8.1 pro.

My Start Menu 8 older version would not work. So, I google the net and found 1.2.1 version.

I installed it, but, it does not work either.

Just like one of your members in other thread said.... it tried to open and then quit.

I had to uninstall it and install the trial version from Stardock.

I would refer to use your product but are you going to fix the issue?

When the 30 days Stardock trial expires, I will have to make a decision.

Thank you.

Hello davidhk129,

Would you please provide the following information so that our programmers can further look into the issue you reported?

1. Did the issue happen just after you installed the 1.2.1 version?

2. Double click the desktop icon of Start Menu 8 and see whether it can start normally.

3. Does the issue happen after you reboot your computer?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thank you for the follow up.

Question #1.

I need to explain this way.....

I was using Win 8 Pro and Start Menu 8 was installed. It ran nicely.

Then, I upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro. I selected to keep all my files and settings option.

After upgrade, I found out the Start Menu 8 did not open.

I google for reason and found an article ( I could not find it anymore ) saying it was a known issue and that a new version 1.2.1 was released and it was fully supported by Win 8.1

So, I uninstall the old version and installed the new one. It did not work. It would not open.

I cannot answer question #2 and 3 because I have already uninstalled Start Menu 8.

Only a day ago, I reinstalled Start Menu 8. It still wouldn't open.

I am now using Stardock's Start8, trial version.

Is this a known issue to all Win 8.1 users who tried to use Start Menu 8, or it is just an isolated case?

I am hoping I can come back to Start Menu 8 if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Hi guys,

Good news.

Here is a way to solve the issue, please take the steps below to see whether the issue can be solved:

1) Please follow the steps below to uninstall the current version:

Open the installation directory of Start Menu 8>>find unins00.exe>>double click to run it and follow the tips to uninstall the program.

2)Download the demo from http://wikisend.com/download/583754/setup(4).exe and install it

Hope it is useful. cheers;-)

Archived