IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suggestions for Smart Defrag v3

enoskype

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More Detail Please

I would like to know if there is a way to get more detail during the defrag process.

I would like for there to be a disk check and repair too.

Is there a way to show the graph during defrag all along the bottom on top of the taskbar say an 1" tall. I like to watch a movie or show while doing maintenance and that would leave plenty of screen to open a window.

Hi CKCustom,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Would you please describe the suiggestions more clearly? E.g: what are the details you want to know during the defrag process?

Certainly, I will report your suggestions for our product team for consideration. cheers.

Round DeFrag is cool

I found these pictures of what would be the coolest defrag program ever. I think if the team got this idea, they could make it awesome.

http://s6.postimg.org/duqi12z1t/SS11.png

http://s6.postimg.org/jwy4rknht/SS12.png

Can defrag individual files and folders?

How about just defrag recent loaded files

Generate list of fragmented files so I can check if the file is important so it can be repaired or redownloaded

http://s6.postimg.org/wpm8rhz3l/SS13.png

Great idea. Why not add a small button which when clicked would display the list of remaining fragmented files after and while defrag. So after defrag,action could be taken on file easily(repair, delete, reinstall, etc.) :grin:

Boot time defrag

Is there a boot time optimization option in this beta version? :smile:

I have mine set to defrag every time my computer starts and let me tell you it defrags at a lightning speed.

Just go to settings and select boot time defrag and select one of 4 options, super easy.

http://s6.postimg.org/ig5mcl5v5/SS15.png

Hi CKCustom,

Thanks for your timely reply and kindly assistance.

@dev3 , as CKCustom said, it is easy to make these settings.

Anyone have confusions or suggestions, please feel free to post in our forum.

our administrators and warmhearted users will help you timely. ;-)

I'm sorta confused every time I use that boot-time feature before, does it keep the boot files contiguous to some random available sector? or move out some files in a sector with faster access to make way for those boot files? :neutral:

Hi CKCustom,

Thanks for your timely reply and kindly assistance.

@dev3 , as CKCustom said, it is easy to make these settings.

Anyone have confusions or suggestions, please feel free to post in our forum.

our administrators and warmhearted users will help you timely. ;-)

I meant boot time optimization defrag not just boot time defrag.:smile:

Hybrid Drive

Dear great Iobit Teams

I just purchased another new laptop, Acer S3 with Hybrid Drive (SSD and HDD) but it only shows as ONE combined drives in both Windows Explorer and current Smart Defrag 2.9

It would be great if Smart Defrag 3,0 can separate both drives and give an option for me just to defrag each drives separately as I rather not defrag the SSD drive as often as I would like with my regular HDD drive.

regards

adrian

Dear great Iobit Teams

I just purchased another new laptop, Acer S3 with Hybrid Drive (SSD and HDD) but it only shows as ONE combined drives in both Windows Explorer and current Smart Defrag 2.9

It would be great if Smart Defrag 3,0 can separate both drives and give an option for me just to defrag each drives separately as I rather not defrag the SSD drive as often as I would like with my regular HDD drive.

regards

adrian

it can be done in 2.9 as well

dev3

What can be done as well in BD 2.9 ?

I think Anugra01's problem is that his drive is a Hybrid, and is therefore seen as a single drive. BD is therefore not able to seperate them and allow him to defrag the HDD only. It is not two seperate drives, which would not be a problem for SD to seperate and allow him to defrag the HDD only.

I cannot see how Iobit would be able to solve this, as it is Windows which is mounting it as a single drive.

dev3

I think Anugra01's problem is that his drive is a Hybrid, and is therefore seen as a single drive. BD is therefore not able to seperate them and allow him to defrag the HDD only. It is not two seperate drives, which would not be a problem for SD to seperate and allow him to defrag the HDD only.

I cannot see how Iobit would be able to solve this, as it is Windows which is mounting it as a single drive.

Spot On!!!

So to great Iobit teams, is it possible to be done in version 3? That would be terrific if it is even remotely possible at this moment....

Dear great Iobit Teams

regards

adrian

Hi anugra01,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will report it to our product team for consideration.

If you have other suggestions or issues, please feel free to tell us.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Hi anugra01,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will report it to our product team for consideration.

If you have other suggestions or issues, please feel free to tell us.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Dear Cicely

Thanks, just a note that a "system information tools" such as "Speccy" can identify my system as having both HDD and SSD drive, while on both Windows Explorer and current Iobit Smart Defrag v 2.9 is listed as 1 (one ) drive

What I'm trying to say is that, there is possibilities and ways to identify it as separate drives instead of just 1 combined drive, and I think it will be a wonderful features to have on Smart Defrag 3.0 and above (which I think will separate it from others as well)

regards

Adrian

dev3

please check it whether you have two drives or one. Btw have you installed another hdd, if not then you're likely to have one drive only unless you partition it.

Archived