IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem since I installed ASC 7.0 Pro

Ecuze

Hello, I've recently installed advanced systemcare 7.0 Pro version. And since then my browser goes by itself to this site; http://www.skype.com/sv/download-skype/skype-for-windows/downloading/?source=lightinstaller&ver=4.2.0.152&LastError=404

The site triggers a download of "SkypeSetupFull.exe". And yes, I use skype and have the latest version. My skype is not even on when this happens. I took a look at the skype forums but found nothing about this, and maybe I should ask around there. But like I said, this started after I installed ASC 7.0

It happens whenever I've my default browser (maxthon 4.1.2.4000 version) open. Like today, I was away from the computer, maybe one hour. Now it was 3 new tabs with this. Is there something related to ASC 7.0? Is it my browser or maybe something else? I have searched the computer for virus etc, nothing found. I have "Kaspersky Pure 3.0" and it's updated.

I don't blame anything but I need to start somewhere. Let me know if you have any ideas about this, thanks!

Hi Ecuze, nice to see you around again! :-D

I don't think this is related to ASC 7 Pro at all.

Please check your Task Scheduler and see if there is any item related to Skype.

You can delete if you find any tasks that is related to Skype updating or similar without any side effects.

If it seems easier for you, the recent CCleaner programs have a function to edit those tasks.

I hope, ASC will have such a function in the future versions.

Cheers.

Thanks for the answer.

I found Skype C2C Service in windows task manager, without being on skype today.

In the Iobit uninstaller I saw four browser plugins that are related to Skype Click to Call. I removed them and the Skype C2C Service disappeared in task manager. I don't use click to call anyway :wink:

Under services in task manager I have "SkypeUpdate".

It has stopped but still I got a new tabs with skype who tires to download.

Well, now at last I got frustrated and actually downloaded the exe and scanned it (nothing), then installed it.

Nothing changed at all, still these messages!

Anyway, thanks for the replay and maybe I need to write at the Skype/Maxthon forum. Now I know it might not be the cause of ASC.

I'll check back here if anyone else has something to add.

Well, I have Firefox too and it's good because of all plugins etc.

But Maxthon is faster (at least on my pc). I have it on my phone which makes it easy to sync and share text, links and bookmarks.

About Chrome, got mad when I once tried it on the phone, now I can't get rid of it. I don't like it, won't use it and I can't get it of the phone! :?

Archived