IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Smart Defrag 3

itobe

SpirituS

I suggest that you uninstall sd V3 beta and install the latest version of SD V2. Again right click the drives and define them as HDD and SSD. Then try running it again.

If it now works it will indicate a possible bug in beta 3, which iobit can then work on.

I look forward to your feedback.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet again another bug.

Can not re size the app please for the love of god put a re size corners in on top bottoms and side to side.

Dam thing takes up half of my 17" monitor.

The Re size goes out words but not in words.

And way is the color of the fragmented files orange juice or mango should be red it has been red for the longest time since windows 1.1.

EDIT: I have moved the post here from News & Offers as this is feedback and not related to News & Offers. Please post in the correct thread/forum

Can not re size the app please for the love of god put a re size corners in on top bottoms and side to side.

And way is the color of the fragmented files orange juice or mango should be red it has been red for the longest time since windows 1.1.

EDIT: I have moved the post here from News & Offers as this is feedback and not related to News & Offers. Please post in the correct thread/forum

Resizing app GUI windows uses RAM. A lot of resizing uses a lot of RAM. Should never be done on x32 computers.

A number of things

1. Appears to work on W7, W8 and W8.1.

2. Installs in its own folder. So you can apparently keep Smart Defrag 2 and it will run if you install Smart Defrag 3 Beta.

3. If you have Smart Defrag 2.x on your computer and are not using the latest version Smart Defrag 3 Beta will create a pop-up message telling you that you need to update Smart Defrag 2

4. If you uninstall Smart Defrag 2 using the IObit Uninstaller version 3 it leaves a bunch of Smart Defrag 2 files and even a Smart Defrag 2 folder on your computer. If you do not delete these files, do not reboot and IObit releases a newer version of Smart Defrag 2 you will get the pop-up indicating there is a newer version of Smart Defrag 2. To avoid this you need to manually go in and delete all Smart Defrag 2 folders and files, then reboot.

5. Speed appears okay on internal HDD. A bit slow but I can live with that.

6. Speed on external USB HDD of 1.5 GB or more is extrememly slow even if only 50% or less of HDD is used. I don't recall if any of my computers' external USB HDD are using USB 3.0 or not. In any case even just Defrag is extremely slow. A Defrag and Optimize either Fast of Full is ungodly slow.

7. Very little CPU is used on later computers with a faster CPU. Under 1% when defragging an external USB HDD. This could account for the very slow defrag speed.

8. I haven't tried running the Defrag on W8 Folders

That is all I have for now.

Hi Scannan, thanks for the tip. Specified topic as read. But the problem is not solved: I can manually specify the type of disk, but defragmentation does not work. SD sees the disk as empty (0 files and 0 folders). What else can I try?

http://i58.fastpic.ru/big/2013/1203/17/936e7461ddb6d0761b63f87994afff17.png

Hi SpirituS,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have reported the issue to our programmers. We are looking into it and I will get back to you asap once we have any improvements. Besides, to look into the issue, please download the tool from http://download.iobit.com/test/info-helper-v7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

@Scannan, sincerely thanks for your timely reply and reminding. :wink:

@dev3, happy to hear that you love the blue skin and the new feature. :-D

Hi Xcom46,

Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean by " Can not re size the app"? Do you mean that you can not maximize and restore to the default size? Actually, you can re-size Smart Defrag 3 beta 1 as you did in Smart defrag 2. There is a re-size button at the top right near the "X" button and you can also re-size it side to side.

If you can not re-size it, please send us the related screenshots.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you.

The resizing option only allows to increase the size not decrease it than normal.

Another potential bug even after defragging the fragmented file percent is unchanged and sometimes this becomes prone to errors like showing wrong number of files.

Hope these issues are resolved asap.

My Pro: I like the green skin... reminds me how I was before I became orange :mrgreen:

My Con: What ever happened to offline help support(manual)?

EDIT:Expect the Manual with the final version.

Hi Orange,

Thanks for your feedback. You are really humorous.:-DHappy to hear that you like the green skin.

And the user manual will be there in the final version.

Welcome more your suggestions. :mrgreen:

HI Dev3,

Yeah, you are right. We can only enlarge the size of Smart Defrag but can not decrease it. It is the same in Smart defrag 2.9. Could you please tell us whay you want to decrease it? I will report your concern to our product team for consideration.

For the other issue " even after defragging the fragmented file percent is unchanged and sometimes this becomes prone to errors like showing wrong number of files.", please describe it more clearly with related screenshots.

Maybe boot files should be prioritized, consider them(including MFT free space) the most priority than any other files on the disk to increase boot up more, instead of only defragmenting them during a scheduled boot time defragmentation.

Hi Buddahfan,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

For the slow defrag that you mentioned, actually, the Fast Optimize in SD 3 is faster than then on in SD2. And , yes, the Full Optimize in SD 3 is slower than the on in SD2. But it optimizes your PC more deeply and efficient.

Certainly, I have reported the situations you mentioned to our product team. Hope we can make improvements.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

HI Dev3,

Yeah, you are right. We can only enlarge the size of Smart Defrag but can not decrease it. It is the same in Smart defrag 2.9. Could you please tell us whay you want to decrease it? I will report your concern to our product team for consideration.

For the other issue " even after defragging the fragmented file percent is unchanged and sometimes this becomes prone to errors like showing wrong number of files.", please describe it more clearly with related screenshots.

Firstly, most of the screen gets occupied with SD3 on small screens. A issue common with most laptop (13") users, though I'm not one of them but I've seen that happen.

The second issue has happened with me when during defrag it had shown 9999 fragments instead of 222 which was minutes later analyze had started. After and before the defrag fragment % remained the same.

Hi Octavian

As I have previously said - I have seen a test a couple of years ago that showed that the rate of delay by the amount of fragmenting started to rise a little more sharply after around 3% fragmentation, but it is still not many milisecond it will take away from the performance at that point.

I think that for our senses to notice the delay will happen around 25-50% fragmentation - then it will be noticeable.

The act of defragmenting will of course give a very small amount of wear to the discs and over time will contribute to make the harddisc quit.

I have had the same harddisks for more than 10 years and have I think rather regulary defragmented every week. No problems yet :-)

I also run a full checkdisk every month or so

every half year or so I run a sfc /scannow

All use of the computer of course contributes the the wear but the mentioned "jobs" also makes it function without problems.

So I would conclude "no worries mate" :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. by now I have some 30 bad blocks that are cut off from use in my harddisk C: but that is only 30 out of around 14 mill - that means approximately 150 kB out of 56.000.000 kB So I think the disk is in fairly decent shape. The bad blocks are found by running the full chkdsk, noticed and removed from use.

Defragmenting far as I know must be done when the rate after analyzing fragments is between 1% and 3%, if done frequently can diminish performance of hard drive.

It is true that frequent defragmentation can decrease performance of hard drive?

Hi Buddahfan,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

For the slow defrag that you mentioned, actually, the Fast Optimize in SD 3 is faster than then on in SD2. And , yes, the Full Optimize in SD 3 is slower than the on in SD2. But it optimizes your PC more deeply and efficient.

Certainly, I have reported the situations you mentioned to our product team. Hope we can make improvements.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Thanks for you feedback. I never used Fast Optimize in 2.x since Full Optimize was not that slow:lol: I only tried Fast Optimize in 3.0 Beta 1 because Full Optimize is slower than than it was in 2.x as you pointed out.:smile: On computers with a high end CPU and faster read write HDD the Full Optimize of an internal drive is not too bad.

However, the Full Optimize of an older external HDD running on USB 2.0 is awfully slow. Fortunately for me it is not something I have to worry too much about as my external HDD's are used either for backup. (No need to defrag that) or for archiving so the need to defrag and zero over deleted files on my computers' external HDDs is not very much for me.

However for those who use an external USB 2.0 HDD for more active files the Full Optimize could be problem.

Hi Dev3,

Thanks for your fast reply.

Could you please send us the screenshots to show the issue " After and before the defrag fragment % remained the same."?

You knowscreenhots can help us look into the issue better.

Thanks in advance. Cheers. :-D

LIVE LONG iObit

all I want to say all your program was the best...

I got advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 because it has low ram usage instead of any other program there... and i nearly forgot this fasten my laptop :-D

I got iObit Malware Fighter.... and Smart Defrag 2 and I see the latest news below I install in ASAP... I defrag and optimize and choose the new prioritize files... this program is faster than v2 in my laptop and as I said is fasten my Laptop... love all the features...and I love iObit ;-)

KEEP it up thanksz