IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Smart Defrag 3

itobe

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi chungweileong94 and RoloX2,

Thanks for you continual feedbacks.

For the issue about " Boot Time Defrag", it has been fixed in Smart Defrag 3 beta 2.

Sincerely thanks for your feedbacks to help us improve our products.

And Smart Defrag 3 beta 2 will be released today or tomorrow. :mrgreen:

If it's gone then the program is great, will try it for sure.

Custom File Priortize with a slider that measures the distance of the performance within the disk? So I can move my backups to the slowest part to make an easier room for more new high frequently used files just in case.

surely a custom setting for prioritize could be there.

dev3

Cicely,

When you ask Beta 2 to defrag,somestimes it gets CLOSE but leaves maybe 0.2 or 0.3% left fragments??

...wonder what that is about?

Kind regards and Happy New Year! :grin:

-Cowboy

Fragments rate 0.2% or 0.3% is insignificant.

Performance issues may arise if the rate is 10% fragments or more.

If Smart Defrag 3 beta does not defragment the 0.2% I do not see any problem in that.

In the final version I think that the accuracy of defragmentation will be higher.

Custom File Priortize with a slider that measures the distance of the performance within the disk? So I can move my backups to the slowest part to make an easier room for more new high frequently used files just in case.

Hi Orange,

Thanks for your suggestion. Could you please describe it more clearly? Perhaps, you can send me a screenshot with your idea. :wink:

Cicely,

When you ask Beta 2 to defrag,somestimes it gets CLOSE but leaves maybe 0.2 or 0.3% left fragments??

...wonder what that is about?

Kind regards and Happy New Year! :grin:

-Cowboy

Hi dv8cowboy and dev3,

Thanks for your feedback. When you see "somestimes it gets CLOSE", do you mean SD stops defragmenting or completely turn off SD automtically? i.e: Exit SD.

If it means SD stops defragmenting, please send us the SD report files under the installation folder of SD.

Thanks for helping us looking into the issue in advance. :-D

Smart defrag 3 defragment usb flash drive, it is necessary? and causes no damage to memory support?

Hi Octavian,

Thanks for your question.

It is not sugggested to defragment usb flash drive. Bescue usb flash drive is like SSD. But you can defrag it perhaps 2 or 3 times a year .

Welcome more your feedbacks. :-D

Smart defrag 3 defragment usb flash drive, it is necessary? and causes no damage to memory support?

Defragging a USB flashdrive is not recommended, it would use many valuable writes to the flashdrive and will not give you any increase in speed.

If you are having problems with the flashdrive I suggest:

• Create a new folder on your desktop

• Copy the entire contents of the flashdrive to that folder

• Format the flashdrive

• Copy the contents of the folder back to the flashdrive.

If this doesn't fix the problem then it might be time for a new flashdriive

All the best, woz of oz

Defragging a USB flashdrive is not recommended, it would use many valuable writes to the flashdrive and will not give you any increase in speed.

If you are having problems with the flashdrive I suggest:

• Create a new folder on your desktop

• Copy the entire contents of the flashdrive to that folder

• Format the flashdrive

• Copy the contents of the folder back to the flashdrive.

If this doesn't fix the problem then it might be time for a new flashdriive

All the best, woz of oz

Thank you, and have a Happy New Year!

Hi Octavian

Is Solid State Defragmentation a must today? Why is that?

I want to see what is happenig in a year or two :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Diskeeper program has an interesting optimization feature for SSD. I think it would be good that Smart Defrag 3 to have similar optimization method for SSD as Diskeeper.

Here it is....

Hi dv8cowboy and dev3,

Thanks for your feedback. When you see "somestimes it gets CLOSE", do you mean SD stops defragmenting or completely turn off SD automtically? i.e: Exit SD.

If it means SD stops defragmenting, please send us the SD report files under the installation folder of SD.

Thanks for helping us looking into the issue in advance. :-D

Sent the 'SD' file I hope...

-Cowboy

Hi Laptop,

Did you try unchecking the checkbox of "Replace Windows Disk Defragmenter (Recommended)" in Settings?

I think that should remove it when you re-start the PC. If not removed by that move, then there is a bug there.

Cheers and Happy New Year.

Screenshots...

I have three shots right after a First Boot Defrag I do.The first is the initial look,the second is 'Defragged' (though not completely) and the third is the end result report.The fragmentation level is real low but it does show that the Defrag is not 100%...which IObit needs to be in the top tier of Defraggers.Please think about leaving a few of the first data blocks for temporary files...like browsing,cache and downloads.I hope you can magnify them.I did 75% of full size.

Kind regards,

Cowboy

A few issues with Smart Defrag 3 beta 2.

Hi, Am using Win8 Pro 32bit, and have used Smart Defrag 2 with Win8 right from the first day I upgraded from Win7.

SD2 worked fine, no problems that I could see.

So I installed the SD3 beta 2, and several problems started.

The main one for me is that the 'Boot time defrag' doesn't work.

The message appears on screen; " IOBIT boot time defrag" and "initialising keyboard", then the message; "could not initialise keyboard, could not continue".

Then the blue Win8 "window" shows followed by the pc freezing.

On the positive side, the defrag speed is definitely faster than SD2.9, I normally use "Defrag and fast optimise" option.

So for now I am using SD2.9 which works well, (if slower) including the 'Boot time defrag'. Hope this helps.

Maybe...

Hi, Am using Win8 Pro 32bit, and have used Smart Defrag 2 with Win8 right from the first day I upgraded from Win7.

SD2 worked fine, no problems that I could see.

So I installed the SD3 beta 2, and several problems started.

The main one for me is that the 'Boot time defrag' doesn't work.

The message appears on screen; " IOBIT boot time defrag" and "initialising keyboard", then the message; "could not initialise keyboard, could not continue".

Then the blue Win8 "window" shows followed by the pc freezing.

On the positive side, the defrag speed is definitely faster than SD2.9, I normally use "Defrag and fast optimise" option.

So for now I am using SD2.9 which works well, (if slower) including the 'Boot time defrag'. Hope this helps.

Hi Mike!

Welcome to the Forum.I made a SEPARATE folder under Program files/x86/IObit called 'Beta' where I run some Betas....maybe this would help you! :-)

It works wonderfully well for me!

Cheers and kind regards,

Cowboy