IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Hey, any help would be appreciated

bumboo

I used Iobit's undelete program to recover some pictures, it said they were recovered, but were no where to be found on my computer. My computer's hard drive is quite full and would settle for deleting them off my computer at this point so i could use my computer again. Does anyone know what i can do to at least delete the pictures off my computer if not be able to successfully recover them?

I have tried Recuva, but since Iobit already "undeleted" them, they were not found.

bumboo

I suggest you use the Cloned file scanner in the Iobit toolbox. This will show you if you have any duplicated files in the pc. You can scan for any file type such as .jpg etc...or you can scan for all files. Check in setings to see which file types are selected.

You can then decide if you want to delete any duplicated files. This will free up space. Please be careful about deleting system (sys) or Execute (exe)files. Also be very careful regarding .DLL files as these can be required in more than one place. I personally never delete .DLL files.

Thank you this helped me a lot. But the files that Iobit Undeleted from my recycle bin are still showing up on my hard drive as restored. I can not find them on my hard drive any where.

Before using the undelete i had only 1/2 my hard drive full, after using it my hard drive was almost completely filled. But can not find any of the restored files on my hard drive to delete them.

Anyone have any advice on finding the files/deleting them?

Hi bumboo,

Thanks for your feedback.

To look into the issue, please give us the following details:

1) Which drive that you chose to restore the pictures?

2) What is the folder that you chose to restore the pictures? Usually, they will be restored in the original folders. Thus, please check the original folders.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

couple of options

Hi Bumboo,

option1, preferred

If you know the name (or part name) of 1 of your pictures, Holiday maybe

Click on windows orb enter the name Holiday in the search panel, click on the see more results icon select > computer < as you put them on desktop(why) run

if it finds any select it(Left click) then right click select properties it will then show you where it found it ie c\user\bumboo\desktop\pics.

As you put them on the desktop they should all be in 1 location.

Hopefully theyll be there. Download them to disk/usb stick.

Then

restore your comp to an earlier date that should get rid off a lot of dross.

Then run the disk cleaner option using the more options mode Remove all but last restore point.

Option 2

If you feel you have reached the point where nothing else left todo restore your computer to a time BEFORE you deleted your pics

Roy

I sadly do not have any restore points of before i used undelete...I never thought anything like this would happen.

At this point I would just reboot my computer, as it is right now i can hardly type an assignment on it. But can not find the reboot CD.

Is there any way i can easily reboot my computer with out the CD?

bumboo

I am a little confused. You have gone from being unable to locate undeleted picture files to being unable to boot your computer without any explanation as to how or why this happened. In order for us to assist, we need to know exactly what your issue is and and an explanation of the events leading up to the issue.

My computer's hard drive was getting full, so I was planning to upload all my pictures to image shack to save space

I moved them to a folder named "pictures" they were mostly of my family and pets, but i accidentally deleted the folder in the process of cleaning out my computer.

I had realized i deleted it a few minutes after clearing the recycle bin, i used undelete program on iobit to restore to 900~ pictures i had accidentally deleted.

But I am not so computer suave and restored just just about everything i ever deleted to the point my hard drive had not even 1 gb free.

I can not even delete the files though, because they do not show up any where on my PC. They take up hard drive space but are no where on my computer. I'm sure i am doing something to wrong here but unsure what.

-Sorry it took so long to reply.

Bumboo

I understand fully your issue regarding the undeleted files and the fact that even though you cannot see them they are taking up space on your disk.

However I cannot understand what your issue is regarding booting your computer or why you want a reboot cd.

With regard to the files taking up space. Try running the Disk Explorer in the ASC toolbox. This will show you the large files on your disk and may enable you to discover what are taking up the space and where you can locate them so they can be deleted

I have used Disk Explorer

http://prntscr.com/241fh0

That is my WIN7 over view, which looks about the same as it did before i used undelete

http://prntscr.com/241fir

That is my WIN7 hard drive space though. Before I used undelete I had a lot more free space, and I can not find the files to delete them. I deleted old games so i have at least a decent amount of GB free now, but would still like to find the other files.

Archived