IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Iobit's ASC Pro 7 first scan

SnowMN

Hello to everybody,i just made a wiped clean install of win and then updated to win 8.1,after which i got aso pro 7 for my pc which i have to say helped my pc a lot and could notice diff even though pc performance is pretty much high after a wipe clean os install,anyway without more delay ill get right on my issue,

after i did a full scan will all attributes on and after i customized each subfunction of aso ihad an issue appearing which im more then positive that its a result of my lack of knowledge of the programs function,none the less i though some exp/ed users might give me a hand on what to do,some of my pc ''items'' like txt's and and folders with the read only attrib in general are showing their properties subsector about a minute after i right clicked and selected it,there is also a small delay when i click one of my hard drives or partitions combined with a green loading bar on the root box of the windows,again i should say i think its something i did since i tryed to customize each of its function without learning what each one of them does first

Thank you for your time to read my post!

Best regards,John

Hello John, I too had this problem and found out it was the registry clean that causes this. It breaks the windows search service (it won't start) which also breaks indexing options. And with that our problems (and my case some other ones too).

Anyways! I hope the Iobit staff finds the registry key('s) that causes this and puts it on a white list soon. As for a fix use ASC's rescue center to rescue registry or use windows system restore. Both would work. And for now turn off deep clean.

Cheers!, Gino

registry fix's

Hi Mario and Snow,

Good old registry fix rears its head again.

I have frequently posted about using this option VERY carefully.

And i have just posted in ASCU7 what i would like to see become the norm for this option.(search posts by me SCRD01).

Roy

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

To help us look into the issue, please download the tool from http://download.iobit.com/test/info-helper-v7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to your reply.

SolidMario7

It has been recommended many times in the forum that Deep Clean should be disabled by ordinary users as it should only be used by experienced users who recognise and understand all the relevant registry entries.

If you used Deep Clean, then there is no Bug. You decided to clean the Registry entries which were presented to you following the scan. It is not a bug, but a lack of understanding by the user.

Scannan

I understand perfectly that this is not a bug and I've always knew since many year ago the risk of using deep clean and using registry cleaners as a whole. There was only one other time I had a problem with deep clean and I black listed the registry key myself to fix it because it was a simple program. Which is why I was lax with it. Bit I will admit this is beyond me as I can't find the key('s) that causes the problem with windows 8.1; and only then I decided to turn deep clean off after fixing it.

I only posted to help the OP and and again to fill in the request in of Cicely. This also cripples explore.exe by slowing it down to a crawl. (which is significant) For many others who don't visit the forums and have Win 8.1 I believe the keys should be found and blacklisted by default. Just my 2 cents.

Hi SolidMario7,

Thanks for your reply.

Would you please help us look into the issue? We will appreciate your assistance greatly .

Please download the tool from http://download.iobit.com/test/info-helper-v7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

If there is something wrong with Registry Fix, we will look into and solve it asap.

Looking forward to your reply.

Absolutely. SolidMario7 has a very valid point. This issue needs to be solved as it has the potential to seriously damage the reputaton of ASC.

We are very grateful to SolidMario7 for his efforts and dedication in helping other users and in giving Iobit the information to enable it to identify the issue quickly. Thank you SolidMario7.

Hi SnowMN and SolidMario7,

Do you still have issues with your Windows Search service and indexing options? If so, please open your ASC and click " Check for updates", then please follow the notification to update the files. After that, please reboot your PC to see whether the issue has been resolved.

Looking for ward to your reply.:wink:

Michael James

Do NOT run Deep Clean....disable it in your settings. Try SolidMario7's suggestion in post#2.

I have also answered you in your original thread regarding this issue. It is best not to try to resolve the issue on two different threads, as it causes confusion.

I will leave your post here for now as Cicely may wish to see the attached file.

Hi SnowMN ,SolidMario7 and Michael James,

@all, sorry for the inconvenience about Windows Search caused by registry fix.

Here the detailed methods to solve the issue:

1) Please use ASC's rescue center to rescue registry or use windows system restore to make sure that your Windows search is normal.

2) Please download the latest ASC 7.0.6 from http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?tag=rb_content;main

The latest version has solved the issue and the issue will not happen again even you tick " Enable deep clean" under Registry Fix.

Looking forward to your good news.

I went back to a Rescue from 2 weeks ago for the Registry and hit Undo.. it came immediately back and said it would restore. It was like a couple seconds to restore the registry? I'm not sure if it is actually restoring 600+ fixes that fast. But either way, my issue is not resolved.... Any other suggestions?

Really appreciate you looking at this... And I wish it were that easy.... See attachment. Its not listed..this is part of the problem...

Here is what I tried and has failed:

1) Starting WSearch in Services (local). Get Error: Windows Could not Start the Windows Search service on local computer. Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

2) SFC /scannow Everything came back OK

3) Restoring to a previous date... tried this for both ASC (Rescue) and thru Windows System Restore

4) Uninstalling ASC thinking it would back out all the changes it made.

5) I did notice that in Windows Features (Add Remove Programs) that both Indexing Service and Search Service are not mentioned..I think I used to see those when I was in Windows 7, but that may have all changed in Windows 8 and 8.1.

6) In Outlook 2010 (Change the Outlook stores indexed by Windows Search) and thru Indexing Options..Indexing is not Running.. you can try to rebuild but that won't work because the Windows Search isn't even running.

7. Could not figure out how to reinstall Windows 8.1.. Since this was an in place upgrade, this would have kept all my installed programs... I thought that might help... Also thought about upgrading to Windows 8.1 Ultimate and doing an in place upgrade... not sure what to do.

8. I also tried Troubleshooting and running as administrator. Did not work

9. Also tried this:

Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc

Optional: Sort by CPU

Find and Click “Microsoft Windows Search Indexer”

Click “End Task”

Go to the directory C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search

Delete the folder “Data”

You will directly see a new folder named “Data”

You’re done, now the issue is fixed

Here is what I did:

Fixit: This is not supported by Windows 8, but I did run the Troubleshooter as a normal run and as Admin..neither worked.

Using Windows: This section will not work because I am not showing Windows Search at all under Windows Programs and Features

tried Manual Fix #1 and Manual Fix #2..... did not work.

I am wondering if the IO programmer can tell us what he did to turn these off to begin with? I would assume these are registry changes?

I am wide open to suggestions

Thank you!

Ah, sorry for the late reply and not seeing to your last request Cicely.

But I ran another deep clean scan have not experienced the mentioned problems! Thank you very much to all of the staff for the update!

Also Michael James, one fix I did that worked was to install windows 8.1 again by "upgrading" it. You shouldn't lose anything (programs, store apps, settings, ect.) You can do that here. You will need your product key. It's a hassle but it is an option.

Ah, sorry for the late reply and not seeing to your last request Cicely.

But I ran another deep clean scan have not experienced the mentioned problems! Thank you very much to all of the staff for the update!

Also Michael James, one fix I did that worked was to install windows 8.1 again by "upgrading" it. You shouldn't lose anything (programs, store apps, settings, ect.) You can do that here. You will need your product key. It's a hassle but it is an option.

Hi SolidMario7,

Happy to hear the good news.:-D

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Hi SolidMario7,

Happy to hear the good news.:-D

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

I went back to a Rescue from 2 weeks ago for the Registry and hit Undo.. it came immediately back and said it would restore. It was like a couple seconds to restore the registry? I'm not sure if it is actually restoring 600+ fixes that fast. But either way, my issue is not resolved.... Any other suggestions?

Hi Michael James,

Is everything fine now?

Have you tried the detailed method in my post #16? You can try it and other users have solved the issue by that way. And the issue has been solved in the the latest ASC 7.0.6 from http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-Sy...b_content;main

Looking forward to your good news.

Archived