IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare 3 Official Edition

Tim Xue

Tim

In the pro version, moving from RC4 to the final build do you recommend deleting and fresh install or will it update over the top.

I would recommend uninstall before installing a new Beta build. Ive been a beta tester for over 8 years. I highly recommend uninstalling and installing the new Version

Hi detailer

I installed in the same folder, updated and ran it - no problems so far.

Cheers

solbjerg

I've had pretty good luck with the "auto pilot" approach in regard to Iobit utilities,but trouble with some others-Predator's suggestion is the most "fool proof" try the auto first-if it goes south,tear it all out and start fresh

Asc 3

Hi detailer

I installed in the same folder, updated and ran it - no problems so far.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Guys,

I too have downloaded and install in the same folder and all is well, apart from the problems with error messages (I've PM'd Tim) Another great success for IO bit team Well done.

Hi w.hatton

The safest way to install a new version/program - as mentioned earlier in this string - is to uninstall the previous version, delete it's folder run a reg cleaning and then install the program totally clean.

I suspect that the errors you get, comes from leftovers in you folder when you install it in the same folder.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Guys,

I too have downloaded and install in the same folder and all is well, apart from the problems with error messages (I've PM'd Tim) Another great success for IO bit team Well done.

error messages

Hi w.hatton

The safest way to install a new version/program - as mentioned earlier in this string - is to uninstall the previous version, delete it's folder run a reg cleaning and then install the program totally clean.

I suspect that the errors you get, comes from leftovers in you folder when you install it in the same folder.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Thanks for your response, but I have tried both methods of installation, totally clean and upgrading over the old program, and I get the same results every time, it is driving me to distraction. I have PM'd Tim and we are in the middle of our corespondence, so hopefully we will be able to solve the problem.

Regards

Walter

Hello, I think the problem is related to the Windows System Restore service. As our program need it, so please try to enable it. Also AWCInit.exe uses the Windows Script component to create restore point under Vista, so if this component hasn't been install or enable, there will be an error saying "xxx OLE class hasn't registered". But you can ignore it, the main program of ASC will work well.

So does the Restore Center tool that has the System Restore service as well. If you have problem when using it, you can just do the restore by importing the backup registry file saved by ASC in the "C:\Documents and Settings\[userName]\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare\Backup" directory, check the modify time to see which is the correct one.

Archived