IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

OMG! Who did this: IObit or cnet.com?!

WriterJC

After rebooting the computer, my screen was FILLED with a black background page about D/L'ing ASC v7 -- that had NO "X" to get rid of it. Another reboot produced the same thing. Task Manager didn't get rid of it either, so I clicked Download which took me to cnet.com ... and scores of D/L options in which I had no interest. One of the last D/L options was ASC v.7.

Was that page created by IObit, or cnet.com?

Let me be VERY clear here. I've had a computer since 1986 and the LAST place I will EVER D/L anything is from cnet.com due to how that site screws up my computer EACH and EVERY TIME. This morning was no exception.

I finally D/L'ed cnet.com's ASC 7. It went through installation -- not that it worked b/c at the end it advised ASC 6 had to be uninstalled first. That's when the black page finally disappeared, BUT ASC 6 did not uninstall.

After reading the posts here, I'm not ready for ASC v7 yet. That said, please answer the question above, and provide a link for D/L'ing ASC 7 directly from IObit. CNet.com is NOT an option.

Regards,

Writer JC

XP Home SP3 32 bit

Intel, Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz, 960 MB RAM

DSL AT&T

IE-8

Windows Essentials

IMF PRO v2

IObit ASC (free) v. 6.4

Auslogics Disk Defrag

Auslogics Boost Speed PRO

Ccleaner

Foxit Reader

WriterJC

Please see this thread for download site for ASC7. What you have experienced is completely down to CNET. Iobits only culpability here is that it still uses CNET as a download site. If you check throught the forum, you will see many instances where users are advised not to use CNET, and to use Majorgeeks for downloading Iobit products.

The matter has also been highlighted to Iobit with numerous requests that they break their link to CNET. Sadly, to date this has not happened. Maybe this newest incident will encourage Iobit to re-look at the issue.

Might i add if you need to download any thing trust majorgeeks.com

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/advanced_systemcare.html''

Never I repeat NEVER download any thing from Cnet.com that is one of the worst places to download from.

And most likely it was Cnet.com that could have caused your issue they tend to put stuff in the installer packs that was not meant to be there in the first place.I have not downloaded any thing from Cnet in over 15 years that is how trustworthy they are.

Archived