IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Chrome Sees Malware Fighter as a Malicious Program? [SOLVED, it was False Positive by Chrome]

kb50

Please move this to appropriate Thread if needed.

Today got notification to go and Download the latest malware Fighter. Well I followed the normal steps, and am Using Chrome as a Browser. Well to my shock at the end of downloading it reports the .exe file is a suspicious program and deletes it. Google needs to have this addressed and I see someone is but I was chocked to see this happen.

Anyhow to get around if your using Chrom, you can click on Settiongs, Downloads, and right click on the failed download, and say to force it to download, which pops up a warning but your choice is there to permit it to download anyhow. I did and installed it just fine.

:shock:

Here is a screenshot

I've attached the file. It's a little difficult to see, but in the bottom left hand corner just above the icons it says: file "imf-setup.exe appears malicious" followed by a selection box to discard or keep.

Hope this helps.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your feedbacks,

The issue that Chrome treated imf-setup.exe as malicious has been solved. It is a false positive.

Please try again. If you meet any other issues, please feel free to tell us.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

• 4 months later...

False positive is not false

I heard about the new Windows 8 IObit Malware Fighter 2 and Advanced Care 7. I know a little bit about computers but not a lot so the compactness of it sounded like a good idea. I started to download them and immediately got an error from Chrome saying it wasn't good and it had been blocked. So I tried it again and AVG came through and said it was malicious and they had blocked it too. So me being the stubborn monkey I am got around them and downloaded both of them anyway. By the end of the day my computer was so bogged down and locked up I couldn't do anything with it but do a factory reset on it. I was NOT happy. I am, today, in the process of rebuilding it. I DETEST having to reset up a laptop! So as much as I would like to use this product I don't know whether to use them or not.

Help....

Archived