IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

active optimize or smart ram? or both?

shaban

shaban

Welcome to the forum.

Smart Ram is a user initiated function, which clears the ram of any left over requests. Some programs do not fully release the ram when they are closed, and are still resident even though they are closed.

Active Optimise looks at your pc usage and determines which programs are being used and which ones are loading and not being used. It works in background to improve PC performance automatically by intelligently managing system resource, constantly detecting inactive processes and programs, and optimizing CPU as well as RAM

shaban

Welcome to the forum.

Smart Ram is a user initiated function, which clears the ram of any left over requests. Some programs do not fully release the ram when they are closed, and are still resident even though they are closed.

Active Optimise looks at your pc usage and determines which programs are being used and which ones are loading and not being used. It works in background to improve PC performance automatically by intelligently managing system resource, constantly detecting inactive processes and programs, and optimizing CPU as well as RAM

True Scannan but i find in the past where programs like Smart Ram will mess up your system more then they fix.I would recommend on not using it at all.

Hi Xcom46,

Unfortunately I would not agree with you about SmartRAM of IObit.

I am using it since day 1 of it's creation in all the Windows OSes since then and found out that it was and is very useful and never ever had a problem with it.

Please take into consideration the evolution of Smart RAM, as in the beginning even IObit was not recommending to use it.

Personally, I use SmartRAM and I don't use Active Optimize at the same time.

This issue has been discussed before in the forum and you can find many relevant threads and posts in this section.

Cheers.

I am not saying that it is completely bad.But i have been using Computers since the 80's.And from what i have used from the past and present it is best just to leave the ram alone.

It should only be used if needed.

A lot of times a reboot will normally cure that kinda ram issue.

But with to days bugs it will normally will and will not fix it depends on how bad the bug issue is.

I am the old school type and old school normally works better a lot of times.

• 4 weeks later...

active optimize or smart ram? or both?

Hi Xcom46,

Unfortunately I would not agree with you about SmartRAM of IObit.

I am using it since day 1 of it's creation in all the Windows OSes since then and found out that it was and is very useful and never ever had a problem with it.

<snip>

Personally, I use SmartRAM and I don't use Active Optimize at the same time.

Cheers.

enoskype, I agree (and never want to live without it again!), but have a question. ASC v6's Smart Ram (when opened) allowed the user to clean up the RAM *AND* the the CPU. Has the ASC v7 separated the 2 and put optimizing the CPU under something else? If so, what ELSE does the Optimizer look for and do beside clean the CPU's useage?

Cheers!

JC

"If it isn't broken, and it's simple to use, DO NOT FIX IT!"

Archived