IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Not a "false positive." It's a "positive."

sonnystarks

Installing adware on my computer without specific and knowledgeable permission is no different that your corporate representatives inviting themselves into my living room and forcing me to listen to their SHOUTED pitches.

If you must bury your 'request" to install ad software on my computer in the EULA, your company, like many others, is under the illusion that an honest living can be made by being dishonest.

Software & ads installed without permission are not a "false positive."

If you ask me plainly and upfront to put ads on my computer as a condition of using your "free" software, then you have given me an honest choice (check stats on how many linux users are willing to PAY for FREE software without coersion or additional ads at: http://www.tuxradar.com/content/open-ballot-would-you-pay-linux).

I will be uninstalling all iobit software on all of my computers until your corporate attitude changes.

"Free" software with buried conditions is not "free software."

I agree with this. I have always had issues with how IOBIT purposely misleads users into installing unwanted software when installing their programs. When other companies do this, they are somewhat upfront about. IOBIT on the other hand continues to find ways to trick users into installing unwanted software.

• 2 weeks later...
There is actually a way for you not to include those. When you first install the software, you can just untick those boxes where you don't want to add those extra software. icon_smile.gif

Yes, I am aware all unwanted programs can be bypassed. My issue is with their deceptive practice of confusing users into installing what they do not want installed.

Hi masterblaster,

In general, I agree with you with the past practice of IObit, but I think recently most of the IObit software installs are standardized and if users DECLINE the third party software installation offer in the beginning of installation, third party software are not installed.

So I can say that their deceptive practice of confusing users is changed in positive direction.

Cheers.

Happy New Year.

No Wucking Furries!

Hi masterblaster,

In general, I agree with you with the past practice of IObit, but I think recently most of the IObit software installs are standardized and if users DECLINE the third party software installation offer in the beginning of installation, third party software are not installed.

So I can say that their deceptive practice of confusing users is changed in positive direction.

Cheers.

Happy New Year.

EXACTLY! :wink:.....and IObit is a very top notch organizational and development hub for some of the BEST software in the world! :-)

-Cowboy

Archived