IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Need Help Please: Driver Booster Won't Open!

ShadowAce790

The problem is I CANNOT get Driver Booster to Open for the life of me, it just will not open, no matter what i do, even if i try to launch it from Advanced System-care 7, it worked fine on all the Beta Versions, then when i got V 1.1 it worked for about 3 Days and never opened again, yes i have Tried Re-installing, i did 3 times, and even used IOBIT Uninstaller 3 to check for leftover files, and re-installed 3 times, i even uninstalled and tried re-downloading it from System-care 7 and still nothing, some needed information that may be needed is that it stopped working 3 days after i factory default restored my computer, my Windows is Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium, its not completely urgent for me since i checked for updates on my drivers a few days ago, and i'm pretty sure they might still be fully updated, but would be nice to check again, because i really don't like searching for updates for drivers myself, its a real pain, that's why i'm glad for this program, just wish i could get it open again, it gives me no errors or messages and every time i uninstalled and re-installed still no messages or errors the process doesn't even show up in the task manager, or if it does its only for a split second and too fast for me to see so i don't have any errors or messages to go by.

Assistance is greatly Appreciated, hope someone can help shed some light on this problem.

Hi ShadowAce790,

Welcome to IObit forums. :-D

Please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send the zip file to support13@iobit.com with URL to this thread.

Looking forward to your email reply.

• 1 month later...

Same problem (?)

After using Driver Booster with success for some time, it now will not start, either from the ASC 7.1 interface or directly from the driver booster short cut. I have tried uninstalling driver booster and downloading it again and to install it again, and it did not help.

I have sent a driver booster zip file.

Perhaps there is a solution!

After using Driver Booster with success for some time, it now will not start, either from the ASC 7.1 interface or directly from the driver booster short cut. I have tried uninstalling driver booster and downloading it again and to install it again, and it did not help.

I have sent a driver booster zip file.

Perhaps there is a solution!

Check If nothing prevents Driver Booster from running, such as antivirus, firewall, etc.

Check If nothing prevents Driver Booster from running, such as antivirus, firewall, etc.

I am not running a virus checker at the moment; I turned off windows firewall to check if that was the problem. I have Microsoft Security Essentials but I do not have real time protection turned on. I also have the iobit Malware checker, but again I don't run it in real time (I do sweeps regularly with both of the above). No luck so far. Any other ideas?

Hi Scannan

Sound advice!

I have sometimes experienced that a new driver update did not work well, so I usually consult my device manager

The Windows key + Pause/Break Opens System Settings *

under the tab Hardware you will see the button Device Manager.

You will need to know what device you suspect needs a better driver and then right click that item and choose update driver (just this once)

It may then find a file that is pertinent, - if not it will tell you that it hasn't found any file that are better than the one you already have.

Ok to that, and then try something else if you are experiencing trouble with an item.

Cheers

solbjerg

Archived