IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Startup Manager won't stop Google Chrome from starting

got5ieb

I bought this ( ASC v7 ) partly to stop Google Chrome from starting at startup of computer. I want to try Google Hangouts but can't tolerate this auto Chrome feature. It is not listed in my "startup" file, which is empty. Chrome has no option to choose when it starts. I tried adding Chrome .exes to startup manager and disabling them. That didn't work. I don't really want to take my computer in to a tech for $100 fee to fix this.

Hi got5ieb

Sorry you are having an issue. However the issue s quite common and there is no need to spend any hard earned dollars on a trip to the shop.

Please see this link as it may help with your problem.

Dev3

Chrome is the issue, and screen shots are not always necessary to resolve an issue.

Hi got5ieb

Sorry you are having an issue. However the issue s quite common and there is no need to spend any hard earned dollars on a trip to the shop.

Please see this link as it may help with your problem.

Dev3

Chrome is the issue, and screen shots are not always necessary to resolve an issue.

But from where did Hangouts come into chrome as they are different programs by same manufacturer.

Link:http://www.google.com/hangouts

Or are you saying about the plugin

>>@dev3<<

I only mentioned Google hangouts as reason for not deleting Google Chrome.

True, had forgotten to check msconfig. All of Google is unchecked same as my printer and other things I rarely use.

Where is Google Chrome hiding that it always starts on startup, even before Avast! ( my anti-virus )?

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

.....Where is Google Chrome hiding that it always starts on startup, even before Avast! ( my anti-virus )?

I don't use Chrome but I believe it adds tasks to the Scheduled Tasks folder. Check there and see when it is scheduled, it might be scheduled at log-in.

I don't know if you can permanently delete the task, Chrome might put it back again next time you launch it or probably when you update it

All the best, woz of oz

task manager

Hi Got5ieb,

i believe Woz is on the right track.

yes Chrome will replace any deleted folders/tasks it finds when it auto updates.

But

you MIGHT be able to change the triggers and fool Chrome.

see screenshots

control panel>admin services>Task scheduler>library

select all google listed highlight and click on it and right click>properties>triggers>edit>uncheck enable.

Roy

Archived