IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update Failed! Installation Failed!

Condolawyer

I have installed Driver Booster v1.1 Pro on my computer. Every time I try to update one of the eleven outdated drivers, I get the message Update Failed! and Installation Failed! I have tried disabling Symantec Endpoint Protection and booting into Safe Mode with Networking and this makes no difference. I have talked to your Premium Telephone Support and they have been totally unhelpful. Hitman did not find any malware, but that is not surprising since I regularly scan with ASC 7 Pro and Malware Fighter v2.2.1 Pro. I am using an HP xw4600 workstation with Windows XP SP3. I have run InfoHelper and attached the file to this message. Please help.

Some drivers have a newer version which is incompatible with related hardware like I've ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics card which is incompatible with AMD Radeon driver version 12.4(ATI was sold to AMD)! The two times when I tried updating first time I saw "Update failed"(without driver booster) and then the next time it installed but there was some sort of error that made me format the old pc with XPSP3 and install Windows 7 on that. Now I'm using an older version of the driver software and will not upgrade.

@dev3

EDIT: dev3. This does not help in any way with Condolawyers issue. Cicely has provided assistance and is awaiting feedback. Please refrain from posting comments that are not related to the issue in the thread. If you feel you have worthwhile information which may be helpful to users, then by all means open a new thread in the relevant forum. Unnecessary comments just clutter up the thread and make it difficult to follow and to assist the user with the issue.

bug report

Hi all,

Debug results show this

: "C:\Program Files\IObit\Driver Booster\AutoUpdate.exe" /auto

executable : AutoUpdate.exe

current module : madExcept_.bpl

exec. date/time : 2013-11-04 11:01

version : 1.0.0.321

compiled with : Delphi 2009

madExcept version : 3.0i

callstack crc : $afaa534c, $b3c0d6f0, $60db37fc

exception number : 1

exception class : EStringListError

exception message : List index out of bounds (1).

something for the programmers to consider

Roy

Archived