IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Start Menu is showing advertisements?

caceres

After installing Start Menu on my PC yesterday I restarted and an advertisement (with some christmas images) for an iobit product popped up on my desktop. After closing the popup it started my browser and took me to iobit website.

I don't have spyware/adware on my PC and I deselected the option install other software after finishing the installation.

Is this going to happen again?

Thanks.

After installing Start Menu on my PC yesterday I restarted and an advertisement (with some christmas images) for an iobit product popped up on my desktop. After closing the popup it started my browser and took me to iobit website.

I don't have spyware/adware on my PC and I deselected the option install other software after finishing the installation.

Is this going to happen again?

Thanks.

You may run a full scan of your computer for viruses and make sure that all the programs installed in the computer are installed by you.

The PC is free of virus.

Anyway, on the CNET forums I found some comments about this issue:

After having this installed on my PC for nearly a year, today I restarted my computer and an ad for an iobit product popped up on my desktop!!! I hadn't even touched the computer!!! When I clicked the "x" it started my browser and took me to their web site!

Start Menu 8 is the only iobit program on my PC and I had just finished a full spybot scan the day before. So I removed Start Menu 8 and am looking at others to replace it.

AD Popups now spamming there other paid software's they sell.

Hi caceres,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

First, we need to claim that all IObit products are free of virus. Please feel assured to use. :-D

For the popup that you mentioned, yeah, we do have an Christmas Promotion to celebrate Christmas with our users by supplying large discounts. And it will not lead you to our website, if you click "Close". Sorry, if it disturbed you. By the way, do your guys have any good ideas to share the big discounts from IObit?

Welcome your suggestions.

Archived