IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC7 and Firefox Issues

mhk1058

There is something in ASC 7 that causes Firefox to shut down if you open it (firefox) up soon after booting the computer. Wait a little while and it doesn't happen.

Not sure what it is but it still does it even with the surfing protection plug-in uninstalled so I don't think it is that.

I turned off real time protection plus anything else 'auto' I could but it is still the same.

Apart from the Firefox annoyance, it is a little worrying that ASC 7 is still active in some way despite me turning everything I could off and there is no sign of it in SysConfig... it's obviously still doing something. I know the idea is to have active protection but control over what it is actually doing would be nice, especially when it comes to finding problems.

The only way to stop the Firefox shutdown is to wait a while after boot (not ideal) or un-install ASC 7, which I have done, despite just forking out for the paid version.

There is something in ASC 7 that causes Firefox to shut down if you open it (firefox) up soon after booting the computer. Wait a little while and it doesn't happen.

Not sure what it is but it still does it even with the surfing protection plug-in uninstalled so I don't think it is that.

I turned off real time protection plus anything else 'auto' I could but it is still the same.

Apart from the Firefox annoyance, it is a little worrying that ASC 7 is still active in some way despite me turning everything I could off and there is no sign of it in SysConfig... it's obviously still doing something. I know the idea is to have active protection but control over what it is actually doing would be nice, especially when it comes to finding problems.

The only way to stop the Firefox shutdown is to wait a while after boot (not ideal) or un-install ASC 7, which I have done, despite just forking out for the paid version.

I didn't see that happening. Need more details.

@dev3

Hi mhk1058,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

To look into the issue, please give us more details as follows:

1) Please check and make sure that you have the latest ASC v7.1 from http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=advanced-systemcare

2) Do you mean that Firefox will shut down automatically if you open it just after boot up? And the issue will not happen if you uninstall ASC? If so, how long does it take to open Firefox normally?

3) Which functions of ASC did you run before the issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Archived