IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare 7 Free 7.1.0.398 issue and malwarebytes

Xcom46

Advanced SystemCare 7 Free 7.1.0.398 issue

ASC7 has an issue with malwarebytes Trojan.FakeAV file this happened when i tried to install.

Malwarebytes blocked the install.

I got the download off of majorgeeks.Very rare i see some thing from MG.This needs to be looked at will not install if virus is planted.

My system is clean.

ASC 7 Free and malwarebytes

I too had issues with ASC and other free software apps as well and have had to remove them from my pc altogether. Yesterday I used drive booster, it downloaded what I thought was a sound driver update, and all of a sudden ASC 7 took off with my CPU at 100%

Had to boot into safe mode to make it stop and then removed all of the iobit freebies from my machine: uninstaller, malwarebytes, drive booster, smartdefrag2, took it all off and system resumed normal operation.

That was after I attempted a system restore to the point before the driver was installed but the restore point refused to complete, it was the point made before the update. Have no idea what caused it but now don't trust it.

I too had issues with ASC and other free software apps as well and have had to remove them from my pc altogether. Yesterday I used drive booster, it downloaded what I thought was a sound driver update, and all of a sudden ASC 7 took off with my CPU at 100%

Had to boot into safe mode to make it stop and then removed all of the iobit freebies from my machine: uninstaller, malwarebytes, drive booster, smartdefrag2, took it all off and system resumed normal operation.

That was after I attempted a system restore to the point before the driver was installed but the restore point refused to complete, it was the point made before the update. Have no idea what caused it but now don't trust it.

Never remove your malwarebytes reinstall that is what it is there for.

ASC only hit on my malwarebytes not AVG pro internet security or my Avira both came clean.Just malwarebytes hit is all but i do trust malwarebytes a lot more then any thing else.ASC 6.4 never hit on my malwarebytes just the newer one.

And only used driver booster once never again mainly due to the fact that it gave me the wrong info said my system was out of date when it was not may be my operating system but every thing else was fine.

Make sure you remove Iobit from your registry as well manually.And do a fresh install with older version 6.4.

ASC7 has an issue with malwarebytes Trojan.FakeAV file this happened when i tried to install.

I got the download off of majorgeeks.Very rare i see some thing from MG.This needs to be looked at will not install if virus is planted.

My system is clean.

Hi Xcom46,

Thanks for your feedback.

The issue you mentioned is a false positive by malwarebytes. We promise that all IObit products are free of virus. Please feel assured to install.

It will be much appreciated, if you can communicate with malwarebytes directly to remove the false positive. :wink:

Hi joelc and Xcom46 ,

If you meet any issues about Driver Booster,please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop.

Please send us the zip file to help us look into the issue.

Currently, our products are not so perfect. But we believe it will be perfect with all of the help from our warmhearted users. :wink:

My system is clean.

If you go to the Malwarebytes website "Cnsumer Forum" you will see it mentions that the latest release of Malwarebytes added agresssive PUP detection. My guess is that Malwarebytes is blocking the install of ASC due to one of the PUPs included in the ASC installer. I believe if you put an exclusion for ASC in Malwarebytes ASC should install. It may not but is worth a try.

Archived