IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Wrong Driver Updates from Driver Booster 1.2 ????

enoskype

Hi Cicely,

New Driver Booster1.2 (DB1.1 did the same) found 2 new drivers that I think not correct and to proceed to update is dangerous.

1) Intel® 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SMBus Host Controller - 1E22

The concerned Dell Precision | M6700 with Windows 8.1 Pro - 64 bit uses Alps driver for Dell Touchpad.

The recent database of Driver Booster finds a new driver for Synaptics Touchpad driver.

Please see the attached images.

2) Intel® Management Engine Interface properties

My drivers Hardware ID : PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_053F1028&REV_04

The found drivers Hardware ID does not fit to my hardware ID.

For the information and the importance of those drivers please see THIS web page.

See the attached image also.

The manufacturer web page for the drivers of the laptop does not show any update for those drivers. (The Dell workstation laptop is 2-3 months old.)

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

So sorry for my delay. This is not a small issue. :oops:

Please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send the zip file to support13@iobit.com with URL to this thread.

Looking forward to your email reply then we will look into it soon, thanks a lot:mrgreen:

how strange

hi Enis/Cicely,

have the same intel smbus host controller,

IT HAS NOT been updated, comp is Asus X55a 64bit w8.1 with

Asus ATK package touchpad v 1 0 0022, 17\11\2012

and windows driver package v 1 0 0 170, 1\10\2013.

intel engine interface properties,

should be as in my second screenshot.

any more info give me a shout

Roy

Hi enoskype,

So sorry for my delay. This is not a small isse. :oops:

Please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send the zip file to support13@iobit.com with URL to this thread.

Looking forward to your email reply then we will look into it soon, thanks a lot:mrgreen:

I thought I would download and run the "IObit Info Tool" just to see what kind of info it gathers. It sure does gather a lot of info.:-)

Hi enoskype,

Thanks for your time and patience.

1. Both Alps and Synaptics Touchpad driver could provide the compatible drivers for Dell Touchpad, and the hardwareID is the same, so both has done compatible mode for this driver Synaptics Intel® 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SMBus Host Controller - 1E22.

2. For Intel® Management Engine Interface properties, actually it is another compatible hardwareID, and you can find it in Intel® Management Engine Interface properties->Details->Compatible IDs. The more drivers database we correct, the more accuracy Driver Booster will have.

Please remove the two drivers from the Ignored list to run it to see how they work, if they fail, we will add them into ingore list for consideration.

Hi Octavian & scrd01, I think your doubts have answers now. :razz:

Dear Buddahfan, we collect the info we need to look into those cases, like your PC's basic info and what Driver Booster had done on your PC. But please do not worry about that, we promise it is safe and we would not lose any privacy of users. :mrgreen:

For more questions and doubts, please post here if you have.

Cheers. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cicely,

Sorry, but I can't use that specific laptop as a test bed, as I can't afford a failure on it, so I will keep them in the Ignore List until a notice from the manufacturer.

After reading the concerned info in the web about those drivers, I don't see any reason to update them anyway.

Thank you for your efforts to solve the problem, unfortunately I couldn't be of any help for your database.

Cheers.

Archived