IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

2 problems with V3 on Windows XP

joe935

After program loads and analyze is clicked the program seems to hang in that the colored squares do not appear that area of the window remains blank.

But after a few minutes the list of fragmented files will appear.

Now After pressing defrag the defragger will run for a while and then just hang and stop defragging.

I uninstalled V3 and went back to V2.9 and it runs perfectly.

My OS is Windows XP Pro with sp3

all updates installed.

I have not run the Windows built in defragger since i started using Smart defrag 2, must be several years now. and as i mentioned Smart Defrag 2 runs perfectly on my XP PC with SP3. In fact the diskkeeper service is disabled.

Smart defrag 3 runs on my HP Notebook with win7 OS

I installed it 3 times first was the beta then the latest 3.0.3.289 i installed 2 times. Each time the program hung up.

Since i have removed it and reinstalled version 2, I am hesitant to reinstall it again, as i do not feel comfortable in running V3. So i can not send any screenshots.

Is this latest version running sucessfully on a Win XP PC?

same issue here. installed once, program was slow at defragging, taking CPU, removed it and downgrade to v2 and all is working well now.

I installed it 3 times first was the beta then the latest 3.0.3.289 i installed 2 times. Each time the program hung up.

Since i have removed it and reinstalled version 2, I am hesitant to reinstall it again, as i do not feel comfortable in running V3. So i can not send any screenshots.

Is this latest version running sucessfully on a Win XP PC?

Hi SDboy

In order to form an opinion on that I would like to know the settings -

can be found in the config. file in: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Smart Defrag 3

fx. what are your setting for cpu use?

Also I do not quite understand why the cpu should not use all its capacity (at least part of the time) when making the computer run as effectively as possible?

Cheers

solbjerg

same issue here. installed once, program was slow at defragging, taking CPU, removed it and downgrade to v2 and all is working well now.

Hi Edward

You may be right.

Thinking too much about my own modus operandi perhaps - I would never run a defragging operation while doing something else that used a substantial part of the computers capacity.

Cheers

solbjerg

@solbjerg

Seems that SDboy59 is saying that it is using all of cpu and he's unable to do anything else

@SDboy59

Perhaps you could try setting the process priority to low or idle (using task manager); this may free some of your cpu for other apps

Edward, I notice you are using Windows XP, so is smart defrag 3 working ok for you on the XP?

Hey Joe935

Each time I run SD3 it is quicker, but it seems to be ineffective. I posted screen-shots in another thread... http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=99237#post99237

As you can see analyzing gives the same basic results after as before.

At the moment, I've closed SD3 and ASC and I'm running Norton360 Optimization. Just to see if that will do anything for the fragmentation.

Works fine on XP

My issue was a single file (74g with 35000 fragments) that was always in use and could not be accessed. Enoskype indicated (in a different thread) that there was a single file causing bad report.

Once I located the file and source software, I changed a setting to limit the size of the log file. Now SD3 works great. Only 10 minutes or less to run.

When I run manually I usually do a "smart fast" occasionally a "prioritize" and the scheduled 'Full optimize' at a time when I sleep.

Archived