IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Issues with SD 3.0.3.289

ektorbarajas

Hi.

The following issues where present in SD 3 beta 2 and are still on final version 3.0.3.289:

1) SD not storing settings for removable drives, just for local drives:

If you define a USB flash as SSD, or enable auto defrag on a EHDD, after the computer is rebooted those changes are gone. Also if you disconnect and reconnect the external device the changes are gone.

To my uderstanding SD must remember the settings for external drives (EHDD and USB Flash).

2) GUI only displays 4 drives simultaneously, not able to rezise this section:

It's not possible to resize that section of the GUI, no matter if you max the window it only displays 4 drives, if you have more than 4 drives you can't resize to accommodate more drives, you have to scroll among the drives.

3) SD installs only for the current user, and won't start automatically with other users until another user manually opens SD:

Perhaps this is not properly an issue, but I think is a much needed feature, now SD 3 could be started and run by different users, and not only by the user who installed it (like SD 2.9 did). But even so SD 3 won't load automatically with windows, SD only loads with the user who installed the program.

Another user is able to start the program and after closing it, SD will start automatically for that user also. (seems like the settings are stored on the user profile)

I think that SD has to offer the option to install for all users or just for the current one.

Then the settings must be stored in the program folder instead of each user profile, doing so will be the best approach for SD to run with any user that logs the computer.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Anyone else has faced those issues?

I must add that the issues happens in a random basis, but it's a fact that they eventually happen.

For example, sometimes after rebooting the computer, the auto-defrag "on" setting for EHDD is turned back to "off" the I enable it manually and after rebooting sometimes stays on, other times goes back to off.

Also with the USB Flash detected as SSD, sometimes after the reinsertion of the USB the drive is being detected as HDD and sometimes stays as SSD.

Hope iobit finds the root cause and solutions for this

Suggestion

I agree on item 2). I would like to see all also.

I'm the only user, so item 3) doesn't apply to me.

But see attachment...Set schedule to system instead of user

No issue with item 1). Stays right there. But I almost never disconnect my flash drives.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13519&stc=1&d=1391038095

Archived