IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Misleading and completely wrong information

ReneM

I have pointed it out previously, and now I do it one last time.

IObits products contain serious deficiencies, and translation into other languages is useless and erroneous.

I hope, however, that most of the features we can’t immediately see the result of, is programmed better than it suggests.

I've just downloaded Smart Defrag 3, but how cool is it really?

Great design - no doubt about it - but is it really that important?

Despite my bad English, which I regret, I have no trouble seeing the obvious defects.

What the program is doing underlying is very hard to figure out.

But what is “visible” is somewhat easier, but also disturbing.

I did a defragmentation on one of my disks (I:)

An orange square showed after defragmentation, entirely surprising, one ‘Master File Table’ and a pair of purple squares for some ‘directories’. These were not shown again when I subsequently made a further defragmentation of the same drive.

I'll not bore readers with a major statement, but just want to show what the different colored squares, that appear in connection with defragmentation, means (according IObit).

In the pictures below appear first the ‘Danish meaning' and then what they should ‘mean in English’.

The last 3 colors are not translated at all.

I have also checked other available languages in Smart Defrag 3, and they're just as flawed.

A Quick summary:

In Danish does the orange square mean: Normal, and in English: Master File Table (are any of them correct?)

In Danish does the purple square mean: Fragments, and in English: Directories (are any of them correct?)

In Danish does the green square mean: Flytter (Moving), and in English: Frequently Used.

In Danish does the blue square mean: Uflytbar (Unmoveable), and in English: Rarely Used.

Enjoy.

Hi Rene

I noticed the mix-up of colours too, and therefore left an updated translation in the forum several days ago. (actually jan. 21.)

Please find that, it should now correspond to the English legend.

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=99116&postcount=165

I am still a little unsure about the meaning of the colours though, it seems like the legend of the colours has changed with this version and that the place where they are optimized on the drive has changed place too, as if they have changed the philosophy about where to place the optimized files. I will try to find out what is right in this version by asking Cicely - only she is on vacation at the moment.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have pointed it out previously, and now I do it one last time.

IObits products contain serious deficiencies, and translation into other languages is useless and erroneous.

I hope, however, that most of the features we can’t immediately see the result of, is programmed better than it suggests.

Great design - no doubt about it - but is it really that important?

Despite my bad English, which I regret, I have no trouble seeing the obvious defects.

What the program is doing underlying is very hard to figure out.

But what is “visible” is somewhat easier, but also disturbing.

I did a defragmentation on one of my disks (I:)

An orange square showed after defragmentation, entirely surprising, one ‘Master File Table’ and a pair of purple squares for some ‘directories’. These were not shown again when I subsequently made a further defragmentation of the same drive.

I'll not bore readers with a major statement, but just want to show what the different colored squares, that appear in connection with defragmentation, means (according IObit).

In the pictures below appear first the ‘Danish meaning' and then what they should ‘mean in English’.

The last 3 colors are not translated at all.

I have also checked other available languages in Smart Defrag 3, and they're just as flawed.

A Quick summary:

In Danish does the orange square mean: Normal, and in English: Master File Table (are any of them correct?)

In Danish does the purple square mean: Fragments, and in English: Directories (are any of them correct?)

In Danish does the green square mean: Flytter (Moving), and in English: Frequently Used.

In Danish does the blue square mean: Uflytbar (Unmoveable), and in English: Rarely Used.

Enjoy.

It is outrageous if programs downloaded today still is defective even known bugs have already been fixed.

It can’t be right that ordinary users, after they have downloaded a program, must scour the Internet and various forums to identify any possible updates and changes they have to implement.

Something as simple as a language file - which incidentally is still buggy including spelling mistakes such as "ofter" next to the green color - should as easy as nothing could update itself, but so far have IObit perhaps not reached yet.

I still can’t sort out what the purple square with Libraries says and why it periodically appear, but not if I defragment twice in a row.

Maybe I'm alone in that view….

And maybe they should wait to publish applications until they are seriously tested?

Cheers

René

hi René

I am sorry that I have missed the typing error in "ofte anvendt"

Please correct it yourself.

Outrageous - oprørende is perhaps overstating it a bit. :-)

The language files are made by users, the company does not have employees that speak all those languages, and mistakes does happen.

I will get a response from Cicely concerning the legend "såsmåningom" after awhile I think, and will then update the Danish language file again.

The r in ofter was probably a leftover from what was written before that I missed deleting. Sorry about that.

Please give a list of other typing errors or spelling mistakes or bad translations that you find, and I will try to correct them.

I have taken a break from the translation for IObit for a while, so that someone else has translated the language files into Danish for the last year or two.

The Chinese employees at IObit have no chance of spotting typos or spelling mistakes.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I think you can distinguish my translations from the other by the use of Skrot filer (Mine) and Skrammel filer (Other translator) just as desciptive - but skrot is shorter - which is why I chose that. In the current file I have only changed what I saw as obviously wrong, and hope I have found most of it.

It is outrageous if programs downloaded today still is defective even known bugs have already been fixed.

It can’t be right that ordinary users, after they have downloaded a program, must scour the Internet and various forums to identify any possible updates and changes they have to implement.

Something as simple as a language file - which incidentally is still buggy including spelling mistakes such as "ofter" next to the green color - should as easy as nothing could update itself, but so far have IObit perhaps not reached yet.

I still can’t sort out what the purple square with Libraries says and why it periodically appear, but not if I defragment twice in a row.

Maybe I'm alone in that view….

And maybe they should wait to publish applications until they are seriously tested?

Cheers

René

• 2 weeks later...

The same problem in Russian "translation"

In the pictures below appear first the ‘Danish meaning' and then what they should ‘mean in English’. The last 3 colors are not translated at all.

The same problem in Russian "translation". (Thank you for your suggestion to switch to English - now I at least know that "Restart Disk defragmenter window" (in back translation) actually means ... "Replace Windows disk defragmenter"). :shock:

Label_DefragRate.Caption=Дефраг- вать, когда фрагменты превышат:

No such word "превышат" in Russian. Possible correct variants are "превысят" or "превышают".

I also see different interpretation of results in report: "No space" in Russian and "No defrag needed" in English.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still a little unsure about the meaning of the colours though, it seems like the legemd of the colours has changed with this version and that the place where they are optimized on the drive has changed place too, as if they have changed the philosophy about where to place the optimized files. I will try to find out what is right in this version by asking Cicely - only she is on vacation at the moment.

A very, very long vacation .... :shock:

• 3 weeks later...
I am still a little unsure about the meaning of the colours though, it seems like the legemd of the colours has changed with this version and that the place where they are optimized on the drive has changed place too, as if they have changed the philosophy about where to place the optimized files. I will try to find out what is right in this version by asking Cicely - only she is on vacation at the moment.

Snore...

If no one in the company (China) knows what is right, maybe you can find out what is wrong?

Cheers,

René

Hi René

I have been away for a month due to death in the family.

But I did send Cicely a heads-up before I left.

Have no idea why she hasn't responded.

Cheers

solbjerg

Snore...

If no one in the company (China) knows what is right, maybe you can find out what is wrong?

Cheers,

René

Hi René

Thank you!

I have now updated the new version of SD 3.1 in Danish (left it in the language section too)

And I have sent support a screenshot of the new version to find out if they know if the placement depiction is right.

Attaching the picture here too

Hope for a speedy reply.

Cheers

solbjerg

Accept my deepest condolences in connection with your family loss.

René

Archived