IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 3 + Malware

Hundred2

Hello All,

For a long time I use Smart Defrag 2. With satisfaction.

For some time, the PC boot I have a message for change Smart Defrag 3.

There is no possibility in version 2 to uncheck it

Today Smart Defrag 3 is automatically installed on all my PCs

(I was testing, however, for some time on a PC)

So thank you to the sponsors and Malware PUP. Sponsors, do you really need this? This is ridiculous and it annoys

The malware installs even unchecking the boxes Sponsor. Fortunately MBAM is here!

And then bug in XP 32/64 same problem

Slow for the selection of discs and auto defrag + defrag start

http://nsa31.casimages.com/img/2014/02/15/140215020226851759.jpg

http://nsa31.casimages.com/img/2014/02/15/140215015546670676.jpg

http://nsa31.casimages.com/img/2014/02/15/140215020526752869.jpg

http://nsa31.casimages.com/img/2014/02/15/140215015707802502.jpg

Hoping changes

Excuse my bad language

best regards

Hundred2

I also had SD3 install itself on my pc today. I did not request it and I was not asked. I immediately uninstalled it.

I think Iobit have made a serious error with SD3. It is incredibly buggy and unreliable. It needs to be withdrawn until a more stable version is ready.

I hear that!...

Hundred2

I also had SD3 install itself on my pc today. I did not request it and I was not asked. I immediately uninstalled it.

I think Iobit have made a serious error with SD3. It is incredibly buggy and unreliable. It needs to be withdrawn until a more stable version is ready.

I agree,it still has the issues I have mentioned before (some time ago)...It is why I am using a different Defragger.

I'm not using it but Auslogics has a decent software. :idea:

-Cowboy

Hello All,

I again installed SD 2, but every boot SD 3 moves

The worry: I do not have one PC ...

IObit: You again patched DS 2 and DS 3 versions ... ?

When I get home from work I uninstall ... I installed Diskeeper 12 Pro ...

best regards

Hi all,

Sorry to hear that the update for Smart Defrag 3 brought you confusions.

@ Hundred2, we are sure that Smart Defrag 3 is not malware. Please feel assured to use it. Besides, how do you get the screenshot from http://nsa31.casimages.com/img/2014/02/15/140215015707802502.jpg Do you mean that when you updated Smart Defrag 3 and MBAM treated it as Trojan? Please give us more details.

@ Scannan and dv8cowboy, we know your worries about the update. But you know Smart Defrag 3 has been released more than 1 month. It is very stable now. Compared with SD2, SD3 not only enhanced the old functions but also added the new features. We hope all our users can enjoy the new features and improved functions . Thus, we let our users update to the latest Smart Defrag 3 automatically.As we all know it is better to have the latest version.

Thanks for all of your understandings.

If you have any good ideas to help users update to the latest version, please feel free to tell us.

With all of your help, we believe we can find a better way to help users update our products. :wink:

Hello all,

Smart Defrag 3 is not malware. But even unchecking the sponsors. There is one that tries to install. It is here that Malwarebytes (PRO) detects and quarantines.

http://nsa20.casimages.com/img/2014/02/18/140218071151836304.jpg

Please delete it. You know that it is frowned upon ... (sponsors)

Smart Defrag 3 works very well with XP 32 and 64 bit ... modifying various parameters is very very slow ...

This is ok with W7

Should be amended, or allow to keep Smart Defrag 2 works very well.

But now it automatically updates for Smart Defrag 3

Best Regards

Idea..

Hi all,

Sorry to hear that the update for Smart Defrag 3 brought you confusions.

@ Hundred2, we are sure that Smart Defrag 3 is not malware. Please feel assured to use it. Besides, how do you get the screenshot from http://nsa31.casimages.com/img/2014/02/15/140215015707802502.jpg Do you mean that when you updated Smart Defrag 3 and MBAM treated it as Trojan? Please give us more details.

@ Scannan and dv8cowboy, we know your worries about the update. But you know Smart Defrag 3 has been released more than 1 month. It is very stable now. Compared with SD2, SD3 not only enhanced the old functions but also added the new features. We hope all our users can enjoy the new features and improved functions . Thus, we let our users update to the latest Smart Defrag 3 automatically.As we all know it is better to have the latest version.

Thanks for all of your understandings.

If you have any good ideas to help users update to the latest version, please feel free to tell us.

With all of your help, we believe we can find a better way to help users update our products. :wink:

How about a newsletter Cicely? Either to all Forum members at first,but including everybody that installs any IObit product if they give an email address.This could be simply done at software install (asking for updates yes/no). :-)

-Cowboy

Hi dv8cowboy and Hundred2,

@dv8cowboy, thanks for your precious suggestions. It sounds good. I will report your suggestions to our product team. :-D

@Hundred2, the program that you mentioned is not malware . It is toolbar, if you do not like it, you can decline it by unticking it.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Hello,

This is declined. But he has a yen that installs anyway!

http://nsa20.casimages.com/img/2014/02/18/140218071151836304.jpg

Otherwise I would not have said

That is why Mbam Pro quarantines. It also blocks some PUP and Toolbar.

There is also an excellent program for this AdwCleaner

http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/outils

We also install some Unchecky. Which should remove sponsors during installation.

I just tried. It works. I again installed Smart Defrag3.

Unchecky has blurred the Sponsors page. http://unchecky.com/

Best Regards

The PUP problem in installers can be easily handled by the latest release of Malwarebytes which is in Beta. It will automatically either quarantine or delete, depending on the users preference all PUPs it finds in installer files even if the user chooses not to install them. Basically it takes away the annoyance of PUPs in installers without the user having to do anything if they set Malwarebytes to delete all the PUPs it finds. It does indeed find them.

By the way I am using the Beta version of Malwarebytes alongside IMF as they do not do exactly the same things and are compatible. So I am in no way suggesting that people replace any IObit product with Malwarebytes. Of course you have to have the Pro version of MBAM to activate real-time protection and real-time PUP removal.

The PUP problem in installers can be easily handled by the latest release of Malwarebytes which is in Beta. It will automatically either quarantine or delete, depending on the users preference all PUPs it finds in installer files even if the user chooses not to install them. Basically it takes away the annoyance of PUPs in installers without the user having to do anything if they set Malwarebytes to delete all the PUPs it finds. It does indeed find them.

By the way I am using the Beta version of Malwarebytes alongside IMF as they do not do exactly the same things and are compatible. So I am in no way suggesting that people replace any IObit product with Malwarebytes. Of course you have to have the Pro version of MBAM to activate real-time protection and real-time PUP removal.

Not only Malware Bytes detects PUB, a Internet Security Solution also detect very good PUBs. It is not recommended to install Malware Bytes with Iobit Malware Fighter and with an antivirus. I recommend to install IObit Malware Fighter together with a Internet Security Solution.

Octavian

Where is it not recommended to use malware bytes with IMF.

I find that very strange, since Malwarebytes is the one program that works well with every other program. I have never had an issue and I have been using malwarebytes for many years.

I look forward to your reply stating where you saw the recommendation not to use it with IMF.

Octavian

Where is it not recommended to use malware bytes with IMF.

I find that very strange, since Malwarebytes is the one program that works well with every other program. I have never had an issue and I have been using malwarebytes for many years.

I look forward to your reply stating where you saw the recommendation not to use it with IMF.

On my computer is installed Antivirus program with IObit Malware Fighter, when I installed malwarebytes the performance was little reduced. Computer start was delayed. Now I uninstalled Malwarebytes and work with IObit Malware Fighter together with Antivirus, now performance is good and computer opens in 7,8 seconds.

• 4 weeks later...

After SD3 here ASC7

Hi,

After SD3 here ASC7

Bravo ... last day ASC 7.2.1.434 and ...

So thank you to the sponsors and Malware PUP. Sponsors, do you really need this? This is ridiculous and it annoys

The malware installs even unchecking the boxes Sponsor. Fortunately MBAM is here!

Unchecky has unchecked boxes Sponsors.

However, the PUP is still there!

You sign again ... you are ridiculous

This is useless. And you upset the world :mrgreen:

I uninstall ... :!:

Archived