IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Features Suggestion for Advanced SystemCare

Tim Xue

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To continue to make ASC an all round package of utilities I would suggest

1. cloning software like free xxclone or acronis, ghost.

2. download software accelorater package like "download accelorater plus"

3. software updater like filehippo checker or secunia.

4. with your SFC tool link it up with a i386 folder kept online on IObit to cover people with no os cd and no knowledge of the reg fix. It would mean a folder for the various XP, 2000, & VISTA options and consent may be needed from MS. [This would be a winner if you could pull it off as nothing covers this problem area]

5.pagedefrag & MBR defrag options.

6. A common on screen error index and suggested fixes or links to solutions.

7. software to scan and diagnose hardware for efficiency/errors like SiSoftware Sandra or PC2008Wizard.

8. will these do or do you need some more

9. It is nice have most utilities in one package keep up the good work.

10. Awaits still thinking this one out.

items to consider

Hi Tim- How about an empty folders finder and a duplicate files finder?(the latter of which is found in Perfect Disk)and as long as I brought that up, I think you should revisit SD and incorporate a tool to address boot-time files, and possibly the MFT.-but I digress,maybe a file"undelete"(to bring back accidentally deleted files)and a file shredder to take care of that junk we throw out from the recycle bin,or a way to "wipe" the free space. On a final note,I responded to the poll, and saw that many were in favor of portables as the next endeavor-but what ever happened to Spyware Defender?? I've been waiting for this it would seem as long as I waited for the Republicans to get booted out of the White House!! If you're not going to work on security,just say so, and we'll all stop waiting for it (speaking of waiting,could you please be so kind as to look into my request for the free license per your Oct.post)there has been some mail exchanged on this with Hugo at one point,but no definitive outcome-sorry to incorporate the personal with the general-keep up the great work and thank-you for your wonderful software!!

Hi Tim- How about an empty folders finder and a duplicate files finder?(the latter of which is found in Perfect Disk)and as long as I brought that up, I think you should revisit SD and incorporate a tool to address boot-time files, and possibly the MFT.-but I digress,maybe a file"undelete"(to bring back accidentally deleted files)and a file shredder to take care of that junk we throw out from the recycle bin,or a way to "wipe" the free space. On a final note,I responded to the poll, and saw that many were in favor of portables as the next endeavor-but what ever happened to Spyware Defender?? I've been waiting for this it would seem as long as I waited for the Republicans to get booted out of the White House!! If you're not going to work on security,just say so, and we'll all stop waiting for it (speaking of waiting,could you please be so kind as to look into my request for the free license per your Oct.post)there has been some mail exchanged on this with Hugo at one point,but no definitive outcome-sorry to incorporate the personal with the general-keep up the great work and thank-you for your wonderful software!!

empty folders finder and a duplicate files finder

---The Disk Cleaner does have this feature I think.

Regarding the Spyware Defender, the beta edition will be ready in about 3 months, there are some great idea within it. :)

Hi Sunny and Tim-duplicate file finder in Perfect Disk has never caused a problem for me,(and will still be on board in version 10 soon to be released) and that same tool in another registry cleaning app.(that we don't mention on this forum) has worked very well also. Tim-if this is available in the disk clean section of ASC, it's not specifically shown as a line item-am I missing something?-thanks again for posting back-good to see you down here in the trenches!!

any chance of a print facility?

:shock:Hi Tim.

I have just upgraded to ASC 3 and have checked for cloned files, of which I appear to have many. It would be extremely useful if the report could be printed out so I could have the printout alongside me whilst I fix the cloning. Is there any way of doing this, or could it be included in the next version?

regards,

Hi steveq

A good idea!

I have tried to use the command prompt for it, but haven't succeded as yet, the answer lies inside an .exe file so I haven't been able to get around that.

Perhaps Tim knows of a method.

Cheers

solbjerg

:shock:Hi Tim.

I have just upgraded to ASC 3 and have checked for cloned files, of which I appear to have many. It would be extremely useful if the report could be printed out so I could have the printout alongside me whilst I fix the cloning. Is there any way of doing this, or could it be included in the next version?

regards,

fail/safe

Hi Tim

How about a possibility in the add-ins in ASC that enables you to restart your machine in fail/safe mode?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello, everyone, please feel free to suggest the features you'd like to see in ASC.

There are some plan:

Support for Google Chrome, Support FireFox 3.1(Privacy Sweep Module)

Improve Registry Scan Module.

etc...

• 5 weeks later...

updates

I would like to see updates installed automatically, without any further actions by me after I have authorized the update, such as update the current installed program without uninstalling old program unless the newer version requires it to be un/reinstall.

I like any programs I purchase to do everything it is designed to do without bothering me after I have approved its operation. PS the only thing I want it to notify about is if the Dam breaks or Nuclear Attack!!!!:lol: AL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Clone/Duplicate finder using byte by byte comparison

I know that your disk something or other has a clone finder on it, but it is completely insufficient. I want to be able to select options such as the type of comparison it is to do, the places it is to look, the type of files it is or is not to consider. I want to be able to choose to find EXACT duplicates regardless of filesize or filename or files that may be similar but not exact. I also want a version that utilizes my having Vista 64.

Think I might get something like that?

driver update.. ??

You have a "beta" driver update on ASC, but it tries to update drivers that will not work on older stuff.. It would be nice if this were no longer "beta".

I have an older desktop (It's the 1st one I put together). ..it still works great, although I prefer to use my newer one. (Both are self assembled).

I've had problems with the older one crashing and sometimes get the message that it's due to a driver problem.

I checked out a couple of driver-update software products, but they were all download items...

I'm just old fashioned. I like a boxed product.. I'm generally alergic to buying software without a disk... so no-sale.

To solve the problem I used ASC driver update to search for driver updates....

I copied down everything it wanted to update. THEN I manually searched for the needed updates.

This worked really well, as I was successful in getting the RIGHT updated drivers for MY hardware.

(The older machine is working much better and I've not seen that driver problem error message recently... hopefully it's fixed.)

I think.. just finishing up this beta driver update program would be a big improvement..!

A Non-beta driver update system would be appreciated

It would be nice if the driver update were full fleshed. I have just installed Windows Vista Ultimate 64 and would love to have a program that would look at all my peripheries and components and check for the latest drivers and then provide me with the link to download that driver and the instructions on how to do so. I also have some older components, like a conextant PCI modem that I want to use for faxing and an eyeball logitech camera that don't seem to have Vista drivers for them. I would like to find another driver that would allow these components to work. Anyone have any suggestions?

I think that a few existing features can be greatly improved upon. Like the guy above me said, first would be the driver utility. I have a program on my pc called driver detective. It would be great to be able to get rid of this and just use ASC. What it does is scan all my drivers (even devices not connected) and then gives me a direct download option. This would make your driver utility efficient, useful, and convenient. Its very handy to have if you are doing a fresh install or something similar. As it is now, when your utility finds an update, you still have to search numerous sites, none of which are to direct and you still run into troubles finding the right one.

Second would be to have a better software uninstaller. I use the paid version of your uninstaller! I think it slightly outperforms revo uninstaller but you get the idea. A software uninstaller that is very thorough and removes all remnants of registry and HD files after you uninstall a program.

Hope you can improve on these two options so I can get rid of these other two programs and continue to use ASC. Keep up the GREAT work!

new features request

I've used the free version for a while and am trying the Pro trial right now.

All throughout I would like to see a setup option (?) that would allow wrapping of text in sroll lists. For example, in System Optimization / Windows Services you show the service description in the "Optimization" column ... but ... even in the popup the full description is not visible, so if it could optionally be wrapped in that column I could get the full message. The same applies for Registry Keys and Filenames/locations, can rarely see the full thing, but I really would like to.

Also, for the windoze services, it would be nice if you provided an alternate description of the service. I'm reasonably tech literate, and there are a lot of those descriptions I have a hard time deciphering, deciding if I need the service or not. Add option to save report to a file before doing the fix (like in security analyzer)

In Details: Security Analyzer where you display running processess, how about adding sort by column functionality, a new column showing file size and an option to link to a database of known good & bad executable files (I've seen some on the net, don't have a link at the moment). It would be nice to have a little more info when deciding to stop processes. Oops sorry, I just took the next step and see you are already half way there. More info on why running multiple copies of things like svchost.exe would be nice (ie the startup parameter on the specific execution)

when listing files for cleanup/deletion please offer option of displaying file date

smart ram is displaying -1% instead of 0%. I assume this is a rounding error. the fields displaying actual ram free and used does not fit in space avail, font too large.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi bwitzed

Do I understand correctly - you want a clone finder that find "clones" that aren't clones???

Cheers

solbjerg

I know that your disk something or other has a clone finder on it, but it is completely insufficient. I want to be able to select options such as the type of comparison it is to do, the places it is to look, the type of files it is or is not to consider. I want to be able to choose to find EXACT duplicates regardless of filesize or filename or files that may be similar but not exact. I also want a version that utilizes my having Vista 64.

Think I might get something like that?

Hy!

1. Better Driver Updater. I think now the best is Driver Detective, something similar would be great in ASC.

2. Automatic Desktop wallpaper changer.

3. Permanently Delete Data tool.

4. Restore deleted or damaged files tool.

5. Encrypt/decrypt folders tool.

These are my suggestions.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestions for Iobit in general

I have enjoyed Advanced System Care for years now (back when it was Advanced Windows Care), and I feel it does a great job. But I wouldn't recommend it to another person yet. Not without a few changes--and I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way.

The first change that needs to be made: I would recommend extensively editing the FAQ page of the Iobit website for grammatical errors. Someone who sees this page and all of the grammatical errors on it should feel the hair on their hackles raise as they try to decide if it's a legitimate site or a phishing scam. Obviously, once they try the product they will enjoy it and that won't be a problem. But those grammatical errors are comprise the first reason I won't recommend this product to other people.

The second change: A couple of antivirus applications catch a false positive on iobit's update.exe file, which would send a second and powerful shiver up the spine of a prospective customer. If Iobit could contact these antivirus companies to get put on their "trusted" lists, this would go a long way in harnessing consumer trust. (One of the aforementioned antivirus applications is ESET's NOD32 software, though it is fairly certain there are others.)

The third change: The update process is smooth until a new version of the product comes out. When this happens, you have to download that new version, save it to the disk, run the .exe file, and go through the setup again. This is not a problem for me, as an advanced computer user, but for one not confident in computers, this can be a daunting task! If this process were a little more streamlined (automated), via the updater engine, I would feel more comfortable recommending this product to other people, especially as Advanced System Care is touted as a simple and complete solution. The types of people who come to me for problems are the types of people who have a hard time downloading files and backing up their work. They want me to set something up for them, and simply have it work.

(However, this does not mean I am suggesting making the program larger. On the contrary--One of the great features of the product is its small footprint!)

The fourth change: I know and understand that advertising with yahoo helps to pay for the free version, but having the default status of every install set to "install yahoo toolbar", "set yahoo as default search engine", and "set iobit as favorite" turns potential customers away. This change is smaller than the other changes--it's more of a a slight suggestion, really.

Keep up the good work. You've got a great product, and with some of these changes, I would definitely consider recommending it to other people.

Archived