IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

User Interface

IdeasVacuum

So, The World Leading Anti-malware Tool listed 18 suspicious files. Of those, there were 3 that were redundant ~ I did not know if they were really malicious but they were of no use anyway and could be discarded. The other 15 were all simple macro text files created by me, used by a CAD System, definitely not malware. So, I un-checked all. I then checked the 3 files that could be discarded. Apply. The list disappears! So, you cannot then decide what you wish to do about the other entries. That is poor. :shock:

"Looks like you already checked those three and chose to discard. I think that's the normal process. Since you didn't put a tick on those CAD files, those are automatically ignored."

Well yes, but what if I wanted to decide the action for those separately - indeed, it should be possible to 'send' them to the ignore list for example.

Cicely, you really should be able to understand, it's a very simple scenario and a very simple explanation. The bottom line is this - the list should not auto-dismiss itself, the User should dismiss it when satisfied that everything is as it should be.

As to the false-positives, we are talking about plain-text (ASCII) macro files that mean nothing to anything other than the CAD-CAM program that uses them (ZW3D).

Archived