IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart defrag 3 app shortcut still appears when right clicking on a folder.

BBDOG

Hello Iobit.I have used your products for about 4 years,but I just recently installed,and uninstalled your smart defrag3,but I can't for the life of me get rid of the smart defrag3 app shortcut when right clicking on a file,or folder.is there a way to fix this problem?and I also noticed that when right clicking on this shortcut it goes to my system32 folder,and I still see the SmartDefragBootTime.exe,even after uninstalling it.Thanks,and I hope you can help.

Hi BBDOG,

Nice to see you back in the Forum!:-D

Try to use IE Helper in Toolbox of ASC.

You can highlight "SmartDefragExtention" for File(ContextMenu), and Folder(Contextmenu) and Remove them in Shell Extentions under Context Menu section.

Please control the content in Registry Editor by clicking the "Open in Regedit" button and note the addresses there before removing, so you can check after removing if the registry entries are removed too.

Cheers.

Hi BBDOG,

Nice to see you back in the Forum!:-D

Try to use IE Helper in Toolbox of ASC.

You can highlight "SmartDefragExtention" for File(ContextMenu), and Folder(Contextmenu) and Remove them in Shell Extentions under Context Menu section.

Please control the content in Registry Editor by clicking the "Open in Regedit" button and note the addresses there before removing, so you can check after removing if the registry entries are removed too.

Cheers.

Thanks for the welcome,and quick response,ok how do you get rid of the SmartDefragBootTime.exe in the system 32 folder safely also?.Thanks:-D

You can manually delete SmartDefragBootTime.exe file in system32 folder.

In fact, I would re-install Smart Defrag and uninstall it by IObit Uninstaller3 in advanced mode. Then check if any residue is left to manually delete (Including the context menu registry entries and SmartDefragBootTime.exe file).

Cheers.

You can manually delete SmartDefragBootTime.exe file in system32 folder.

In fact, I would re-install Smart Defrag and uninstall it by IObit Uninstaller3 in advanced mode. Then check if any residue is left to manually delete (Including the context menu registry entries and SmartDefragBootTime.exe file).

Cheers.

Thanks that worked.:-D

Archived