IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 3 has become a liability and nuisance

Scannan

Yesterday SD3 decided to install itself on my PC without permission or warning. I quickly uninstalled it and re-installed SD2.9.

I posted the issue and Iobit responded that they were doing users a favour by forcing them to have SD3 installed.

Today when I booted up, SD3 again installed itself. This time when I uninstalled it, it tried launch Uninstallpromote.exe and tried to access the net.

I will not re-install SD2.9 again, as this is the only way to stop SD3 from invading my pc. I do not want SD3 until it is more stable, and I should not be forced to have it. I prefer to have SD2.9....but apparently Iobit seem to think that they should decide what should be on my pc.

I am extremely upset at these actions by Iobit, and I sincerely hope that they stop this action immediately. Users are quite capable of deciding for themselves if they want an update or a new version.

Hi Scannan,

Sorry to hear that you have uninstalled Smart Defrag.

I will report your concerns to our product team and hope we can make improvements in the future.

As I mentioned before, Smart Defrag 3 has been released more than 1 month. It is very stable now. Thus, please feel assured to run it.

If you have any other suggestions about the issue, you can send me PM. ;-)

Scannan, love your smile. :mrgreen:

Thanks for your understandings.

Hello All,

@ IObit,

Just like Scannan. It's like I said in my subject (Smart Defrag 3 + Malware)

And as said, it does not work properly with XP. In 32 and 64 bits is the same worries. But maybe you do not want to do what it takes to XP?

Of course, Microsoft will drop support. However, this OS is still much in use. Personally, I preserve the two versions for reasons of support. (Helper)

Professionally we use Diskeeper 12 Pro. Until the SD3 worries is resolved. I re installed on all my personal PC

But in fact, SD2, SD3, I like the interface in the manner of O&O Defrag Seen or files ... O&O is even better are placed, because we know what are the files ... but it is slow defragmentation. (and not after the French version V14)

Now you have ideas to improve ...

Sorry for my bad language

Best regards

Hello All,

@ IObit,

Just like Scannan. It's like I said in my subject (Smart Defrag 3 + Malware)

And as said, it does not work properly with XP. In 32 and 64 bits is the same worries. But maybe you do not want to do what it takes to XP?

Of course, Microsoft will drop support. However, this OS is still much in use. Personally, I preserve the two versions for reasons of support. (Helper)

Professionally we use Diskeeper 12 Pro. Until the SD3 worries is resolved. I re installed on all my personal PC

But in fact, SD2, SD3, I like the interface in the manner of O&O Defrag Seen or files ... O&O is even better are placed, because we know what are the files ... but it is slow defragmentation. (and not after the French version V14)

Now you have ideas to improve ...

Sorry for my bad language

Best regards

and the list keeps growing. In fact it is hard today to find a newly updated version of most popular programs that are optimized for any release of XP.. A good number of them don't even work properly with XP and the list is growing by the new release. Rumors are that W9 might be released in 14 months. W9 will most assuredly involve some major changes to the core of the Windows 8 OS and put its design so far away from XP they might as well be in different universes. I think W9 will kill XP since very few updates of new products that are optimized for W9 will work properly if at all with XP. Of couse people can always stick with older vesions of software that are XP compatible or semi-compatible but there will be a a much great security risk doing that.

Cicely

Thank you for reply.

My only suggestion is that the user should be able to choose auto-update or manual update. If the user chooses manual-update, then new updates or versions should not be able to install without users permission.

Hi Scannan,

Thanks for your good idea. I have reported it to our product team. Well, it sounds really good.8-) Hope we can find the balance to update products.

@all, thanks for your feedbacks about the issue. With all of your feedbacks, it is helpful for IObit to make right decisions. Cheers.

Archived