IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problems with ASC 7 installation and Event Viewer error [SOLVED by ASCFixTool.zip]

ReneM

First of all, I regret my bad English, but I hope my content is to understand :-)

I have just updated my ASC version 6.4 to version 7.2 since the program went on to propose the update without I could disable the annoying reminder.

The update went smoothly, but after I was presented with an intro screen with the program news - then the ‘problems’ began.

I was surprised and annoyed that a simple update had ignored my previous configurations and settings. It had thrown two icons on my clean desktop and my English version now suddenly also addressed to Danish. Many other options had also changed.

The first screen, with the presentation of the ASC7 news, was so packed with poor Danish and some translated words were so long that they do not appear in their entirety. Reading was a pure guessing game. Very annoying, so I quickly changed the language back to English (which was easier to understand).

For your information, I have a supercomputer equipped with the best components, fast processor, graphics card and of course SSD drive and 16 GB of fast RAM. The operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. It is a machine I cherish, and there are no errors and problems in the Event Viewer (administrative events).

Great was my surprise when I, after installation and a reboot, looked in the Event Viewer where I unfortunately found both warnings and errors.

Warning about a Driver which could not be loaded, and several errors regarding LiveUpdate who quit unexpectedly, etc.

That kind of dirt I've never had on my lovely machine before and of course I don’t want it.

For good measure I would also check how the ASC update had handled the case.

Despite my Windows is 64-bit I found nothing installed under Program Files, but a great deal under Program Files (x86) - the old 32-bit part.

Unfortunately, I found both a version of Advanced SystemCare 7 and an almost complete version of the previous version 6 (53 files in 7 folders – 60 Mb).

What else remains of ASC6 on my HD, I do not know yet, and what about all obsolete keys in the registry?

Of course I am puzzled, irritated and disappointed that a product as ASC performs so miserable a job, and leaving so many leftovers on my SSD drive after a simple update.

It should be noted that I no longer can find the previous version 6 in the 'Installed software ", so it is not possible for me to eliminate the many remains as ASC 7 left.

What I safely can delete manually I do not know for sure.

Can I safely delete the complete folder ‘Advanced SystemCare 6’ with all files and subdirectories under Program Files (x86) and how do I get rid of all these errors in the Event Viewer that I in no way want?

And finally, how do I clean up old unused and wrong keys (from ASC 6) in registry?

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi ReneM,

Thanks for your detailed feedbacks to help us improve our products.

For the issue" I was surprised and annoyed that a simple update had ignored my previous configurations and settings", actually, when you update Advanced SystemCare, it will remember your basic settings but not all of them. I will report the situation you mentioned to our product team for consideration and hope we can make improvements.

For the issue " my English version now suddenly also addressed to Danish", the default language for Advanced SystemCare is according to your system language. If your OS is Danish, then it will be Danish, but you can choose the one you like. You know all the multi-language of our products were translated by our warmhearted users for free. There might be slight errors. But it is really worth our thanks , isn't it?;-)

For the question " Can I safely delete the complete folder ‘Advanced SystemCare 6’ with all files and subdirectories under Program Files (x86), yes, you can delete it manually. For this issue, our users has a discussion before and we will try to make improvements in the future.

For the issue " errors in the Event Viewer", to ensure that we can end our program successfully, we forced to end our program and you get the warning. But everything is fine. Please do not worry. We will make improvements in the future.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Hi Cicely

Thank you for your prompt reply.

However, I do not take the situation as calm as you.

After the update to version 7.2 my PC's boot time has significantly increased.

Furthermore, I now get several warnings and errors in the Event Viewer, including a 0x80072afc NtpClient error in the initialization of the computer.

Will IObit correct these errors within affordable time so I can get my stable and fast machine back again, or should I uninstall ASC and hope it will eliminate the encountered problems?

I would love to hear from other users with similar problems.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

René

Hi ReneM,

For the issue "my PC's boot time has significantly increased", how long did it take to start your computer before? And how long does it take now?

For the issue "get several warnings and errors in the Event Viewer, including a 0x80072afc NtpClient error in the initialization of the computer", please provide us the follow information for further checking.

1. Please take some screenshots about the error messages and send it to us. Guide for taking screenshots from: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

2. Please download the tool from: http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV7.exe Then double click to run this tool and click“Save report to Desktop". So you will get zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send IObit_Debug_Info.zip to us so that we can look into the issue further.

Thanks for your patience. Looking forward to your early reply.

Hi Cicely

Am I the only one having problems with error messages in the Event viewer after updating to 7.2?

If so, then I prefer to uninstall ASC 7 from my computer.

My time is unfortunately not for anything else.

Cheers

René

Hi ReneM,

Sorry to hear that you will uninstall ASC. :cry:

Here good news.You can remove the warning message in the Event Viewer as follows:

1.Please download the file ASCFixTool.zip from the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45r9ivd8ifhbydt/ASCFixTool.zip

2.Please unzip the file ASCFixTool.zip to find the file ASCFixTool.exe and double click to run it.

3.Click the button Fix Error, then click OK.

After that everything will be fine.

Looking forward to your good news. ;-)

New error message after running ASC.

Before I closed my computer yesterday, I run ASC.

When I started the computer this morning, I had again a new warning in the Event Viewer: 0xfffff8ed (missing V01.log)

In ASC7's logfile I can see that it was deleted when I run ASC last night.

Makes the program more havoc than good, or is this error one I can ignore and which will repair itself again?

Thanks in advance.

René

hi René

Do you have the item Junk File Clean set to clean the log files in the settings?

If so and if you do not want that - I suggest that you try to untick the option concerning the log files, to see if that helps in the configuration of the desired settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

New error message after running ASC.

Before I closed my computer yesterday, I run ASC.

When I started the computer this morning, I had again a new warning in the Event Viewer: 0xfffff8ed (missing V01.log)

In ASC7's logfile I can see that it was deleted when I run ASC last night.

Makes the program more havoc than good, or is this error one I can ignore and which will repair itself again?

Thanks in advance.

René

hi René

Do you have the item Junk File Clean set to clean the log files in the settings?

If so and if you do not want that - I suggest that you try to untick the option concerning the log files, to see if that helps in the configuration of the desired settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. placing the item in the ignore list is also an option :-)

Hi Solbjerg

Thank you for your interest in the ASC with its problems and warnings.

I realize that if I disable all functions, Junk File Clean, autoupdate and deep clean – ASC will probably not harm our machines :???:

Cheers

René

Hi René

All I am saying is that it is a wise move to configure the settings to your individual needs.

The ways to do this is numerous and can be found by searching the forum.

A good place to start may be

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=39221&postcount=3

Which is a part of the post USAGE OF IOBIT PRODUCTS

This post was created years ago and may be a little out of date - but mostly on fairly unimportant matters.

What people consider important may differ widely from one individual to the next. :-) This creates the need for a program to be configurable.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg

Thank you for your interest in the ASC with its problems and warnings.

I realize that if I disable all functions, Junk File Clean, autoupdate and deep clean – ASC will probably not harm our machines :???:

Cheers

René

p.s. placing the item in the ignore list is also an option :-)

Could you please guide me to put the problem in the ignore list: C:\Users\René\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log

Thank you

René

Hi René

We explained this very often many years ago, but I suppose that it should be brought up regularly :-)

It is quite straightforward. When you run a check you must be certain that the "problems" found is what you also consider problems, that is done by looking at each class of "problems" - and if you find any that you do not want to clean away , you should place those in the "ignore list".

This is done by right clicking the item and choose the option Ignore.

All this should be done by manual check the first time or the first couple of times

I put "problems" in quotation marks because not all problems are problems to everyone.

This should always be done manually the first few times a cleaning is done - and also don't use automatic cleaning before after the manual cleaning has been configured.

Cheers

solbjerg

Could you please guide me to put the problem in the ignore list: C:\Users\René\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log

Thank you

René

Hi Solbjerg,

As a reasonably experienced IT geek, I have actually been happy with Advanced System Care.

I, like probably many others, were of the opinion that I had purchased a program that could maintain and optimize my computer and not just come up with obscure suggestions I had to analyze and evaluate myself.

But I understand from your post, that when using the ASC, users must review all proposed changes before they are accepted. The program itself is not credible and good enough to do that without problems.

Sometimes there can be so many changes in the registry that it will be almost an impossible task to process and review them all individually. And although I personally have a sound knowledge of computer, I'm not so super professional that I am able to see through all the changes ASC proposed, in for example the registry.

So, with your important information, I have decided to no longer use the program, and immediately notify my circle of friends and colleagues who over the years, I have recommended the program.

The dangerous actions ASC performs, there are not many regular users who are able to foresee the consequences of.

As a substitute, I'm been recommended Glary Utilities, who reportedly has never caused damage or problems in any users machines - and that's without any re-check of what the program does.

Very nice, that you no longer have to manually re-check all the corrections, eg in the registry and also wonderful to get rid of warnings and errors in the Event Viewer.

Many thanks for your advice regarding the dangers associated with ASC if you are not a qualified computer technician.

It would probably be a great idea to convey your valuable information on the social media as the many users who do not have their daily movements in a forum such as this also can share your very important information.

Once again, many thanks Solbjerg, you have been an invaluable help.

You have probably saved both me and many others for quite immense and intractable problems and error messages in the future.

Cheers

René

Hi René

First some general views on cleaning a computer of unnecessary clutter.

The key word here is unnecessary. What is seen by individuals as unnecessary clutter can differ to a great extent.

If cleaning only what each and everyone can agree is unnecessary clutter it will necessarily have to be rather unimportant items that are cleaned away.

If a more comprehensive cleaning is desired you run the risk of cleaning away items that some people see as important.

This is the reason that the the settings for the program should be configured to the desired outcome by each individual.

Even if this is done there may still be items that some individuals do not want cleaned away - this is the reason for for the possibility to place some items in the "Ignore List"

This in turn means that there is no way around the configuration on how the program is desired to work.

This places some responsibility on the individual user to configure the program to achieve this end.

Which is why I tried describe how to achieve this desired outcome.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

As a reasonably experienced IT geek, I have actually been happy with Advanced System Care.

I, like probably many others, were of the opinion that I had purchased a program that could maintain and optimize my computer and not just come up with obscure suggestions I had to analyze and evaluate myself.

But I understand from your post, that when using the ASC, users must review all proposed changes before they are accepted. The program itself is not credible and good enough to do that without problems.

Sometimes there can be so many changes in the registry that it will be almost an impossible task to process and review them all individually. And although I personally have a sound knowledge of computer, I'm not so super professional that I am able to see through all the changes ASC proposed, in for example the registry.

So, with your important information, I have decided to no longer use the program, and immediately notify my circle of friends and colleagues who over the years, I have recommended the program.

The dangerous actions ASC performs, there are not many regular users who are able to foresee the consequences of.

As a substitute, I'm been recommended Glary Utilities, who reportedly has never caused damage or problems in any users machines - and that's without any re-check of what the program does.

Very nice, that you no longer have to manually re-check all the corrections, eg in the registry and also wonderful to get rid of warnings and errors in the Event Viewer.

Many thanks for your advice regarding the dangers associated with ASC if you are not a qualified computer technician.

It would probably be a great idea to convey your valuable information on the social media as the many users who do not have their daily movements in a forum such as this also can share your very important information.

Once again, many thanks Solbjerg, you have been an invaluable help.

You have probably saved both me and many others for quite immense and intractable problems and error messages in the future.

Cheers

René

Dear Solbjerg,

Thank you for your interest and great tenacity to justify the complications and error messages in the ASC.

Who are you trying to kid. Yourself or ordinary users. It bounces completely on me.

I think we got the message.

When using ASC we must re-check the proposals and possibly ignore or add to an ignore list - completely manually.

Your suggestion to add some items to the ignore list, unfortunately can’t be done. Maybe with your ASC version, but not with 7.2

Surely there's something you've misunderstood here.

Error messages in Event Viewer, we can’t get around before releasing of patches and fixes.

Just what any normal user NOT mastered.

ASC is for professional IT geeks who in depth understand what is happening in the registry and other places on a computer - and not for common users without extensive technical knowledge.

So Yes – we have understood it :-D

Maybe you remember my other post on the meaning of the 8 colors in Smart Defrag 3.

The descriptions are very crazy and importance wrong and I have in this thread asked about the problem back in January, but still have not gotten a response - either from you or IObit.

The answer is probably, that nobody knows the real impact of the program features.

Maybe you think my frustration about seriousness is completely unfounded. It's OK with me.

The problems in this thread are now sufficient illustrated so I would like to close the topic now.

Cheers

René

Hi René

About your question in http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=16471

I can say that I responded 4 times to your posts

Have you updated the program since then?

I have been in contact with IObit support, but have not yet recieved a definitive answer to the question I posed

As soon as I get it I will convey the message at my convenience.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. It seems that you are partly right - in my 7.1 version the only "problems" that responded to the right click by offering the choice of Ignoring it were the Registry errors. They must have changed that at some time, sorry that I haven't checked that earlier

By me just now it was OpenWith files - if you hover about the item you can see what it is, if you open it you can read it in the registry

If you want to keep them you should right click them and choose Ignore

This p.s. is just to inform those interested

Dear Solbjerg,

Thank you for your interest and great tenacity to justify the complications and error messages in the ASC.

Who are you trying to kid. Yourself or ordinary users. It bounces completely on me.

I think we got the message.

When using ASC we must re-check the proposals and possibly ignore or add to an ignore list - completely manually.

Your suggestion to add some items to the ignore list, unfortunately can’t be done. Maybe with your ASC version, but not with 7.2

Surely there's something you've misunderstood here.

Error messages in Event Viewer, we can’t get around before releasing of patches and fixes.

Just what any normal user NOT mastered.

ASC is for professional IT geeks who in depth understand what is happening in the registry and other places on a computer - and not for common users without extensive technical knowledge.

So Yes – we have understood it :-D

Maybe you remember my other post on the meaning of the 8 colors in Smart Defrag 3.

The descriptions are very crazy and importance wrong and I have in this thread asked about the problem back in January, but still have not gotten a response - either from you or IObit.

The answer is probably, that nobody knows the real impact of the program features.

Maybe you think my frustration about seriousness is completely unfounded. It's OK with me.

The problems in this thread are now sufficient illustrated so I would like to close the topic now.

Cheers

René

Hi ReneM,

Sorry to hear that.

Have you tried the method by solbjerg? Does it work?

If the issue continues, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

@solbjerg, thanks for your timely reply. :-D

Looking forward to hearing from you.

hi all

After René made me aware of the new way to use the ignore option

I downloaded ASC pro version 7.2 and tried it

This is the result:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13614&stc=1&d=1395309836

As you can see I can only vouch for the places where "problems" were found.

But the result is that it is only the Registry errors that gives you the possibility to right click and choose the option Ignore.

Sorry that I hadn't discovered this earlier.

The reason probably is that after the configuring of the settings, there have been no need to ignore anything for several years :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. "Ubrugte fil udvidelser" means Unused file extentions - and "Ikke eksisterende filsti" means File path not existing

p.p.s. The security hole "problem" referred to a root certificate update

Archived