IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

homepage change

ds123

Hi ds 123

Actually it looks like the picture says that an attempt was made by Wikipedia to change the the homepage, but that the homepage protection resisted this change.

So I suppose that if you clicked OK to that message that no change took place, right?

Cheers

solbjerg

Wikipedia change alert box.

Hi ds123

In the settings under the item "Notifications" you can choose which messages to display (if any).

I think that they as standard are set to last 10 seconds, but you can choose there too.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, but is there a way to suppress the popups as it is a bit annoying having to click the box every time.

• 1 month later...
Hi ds123

In the settings under the item "Notifications" you can choose which messages to display (if any).

solbjerg

I've checked this and there is no way of turning off these notifications.

Even if you disable homepage protection it still tells you when you change the search engine.

I worked out it has nothing to do with homepage change, it is when you change the search engine in Firefox from say google to wikipedia.

I find this handy so you can instantly search wikipedia.

The warnings still appear even when protection is off.

Hi ds123

Do you in Firefox have the option that says "Make Firefox your standard browser" checked?

Cheers

solbjerg

I've checked this and there is no way of turning off these notifications.

Even if you disable homepage protection it still tells you when you change the search engine.

I worked out it has nothing to do with homepage change, it is when you change the search engine in Firefox from say google to wikipedia.

I find this handy so you can instantly search wikipedia.

The warnings still appear even when protection is off.

Yes, it is checked 'Always check firefox is default browser on startup'.

The ASC option can be useful to stop your search engine being changed

without your knowledge, but what if you want to change it yourself?

Hi ds123

Ok

Well, I would start by unchecking that :-)

You could also try to have Wikipedia bookmarked and placed as a tab

I think that you in the control panel can add the address of Wikipedia in the Internet settings, this will I think automatically give you the tab beside the Firefox tab.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, it is checked 'Always check firefox is default browser on startup'.

The ASC option can be useful to stop your search engine being changed

without your knowledge, but what if you want to change it yourself?

please read the pop up correctly

Hi All,

the pop-up notification

STATES

SEARCH ENGINE changed not home page, and if you click on allow, then whenever you switch between the 5/6 standard search engines within FF you will not then see that pop-up again, ie wiki will be the search engine until >>you<< change it back to google

Roy:shock:

Yes, but i'm sick of getting the pop-up every time i switch between google and wikipedia.

I tried turning if off completely but then you get a pop-up telling you that you homepage protection is switched off.

Hi ds123

You probably have the setting in google that it should be kept as your standard browser.

Try removing that setting too, please.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, but i'm sick of getting the pop-up every time i switch between google and wikipedia.

I tried turning if off completely but then you get a pop-up telling you that you homepage protection is switched off.

@ds123...

Hi Mate!

Look at the bright side, you have a pretty nice wallpaper!! :mrgreen:

I get tired of attempted redirects and homepage change atempts but we DO have a defense that LETS YOU KNOW someones mucking you about!

-Cowboy

Wikipedia change alert box.

The only google add on in Firefox is google update.

What ASC needs is a separate homepage protection and a separate

search engine protection that allows you to turn each off separately

and does not give constant reminders if you make a change or

turn if off.

Archived