IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Spyware removal question

hawker

How is the Spyware Removal scan part so quick?

Adaware from lavasoft for example can take up to half an hour, ASC does it in seconds.

Surely it couldnt have scanned the entire disc for all known spyware threats in this time?

what exactly does it scan, and what does it actually scan for?

the best in my opinoin of good free antispyware scanners that do an excellent job of repairing too are.

Superantispyware and Malwarbytes both available on download from majorgeeks

As for Adaware a couple of years ago it was on everyone's pc but it seems to have fallen by the wayside few people seem to use it these days.

I too was a big believer in SuperAntispyware-have run the free edition for quite some time-recently while whipping a used computer into shape that I bought to give to my daughter I took advantage of a free version of PC Tools Spyware Dr.-this slightly watered down version is available for free if you choose one of the "Google Pack items"-the blocking capabilities are where the service is sacrificed-however,the detection application is identical to that in the paid version-now that said I ran back to back scans on my daughters pc after a night of surfing-SD detected 37 instances of malware related items and tracking cookies that SAS did not-I was VERY surprised as I had always thought that SAS and MalwareBytes were the best at detection when it comes to the random junk that slips past your firewall and regular security-granted, these were all low level threat items, but SD found them-so, now on to a firewall for her pc, and that should do it-the main defense in place for that pc is Avira Free-for my internet applications,I've found it to work better at detection of "incoming" than Avast and AVG-I used to run S-S&D,but SAS was finding things it didn't-besides,all the log files it generated-a real space hog-and a major pain to uninstall(be fore-warned) I tried SD on this pc, but it would not play nicely with the Webroot sweet/Avira combo-would use this combo for her pc, but more $$$$-free will have to do for now

I too was a big believer in SuperAntispyware-have run the free edition for quite some time-recently while whipping a used computer into shape that I bought to give to my daughter I took advantage of a free version of PC Tools Spyware Dr.-this slightly watered down version is available for free if you choose one of the "Google Pack items"-the blocking capabilities are where the service is sacrificed-however,the detection application is identical to that in the paid version-now that said I ran back to back scans on my daughters pc after a night of surfing-SD detected 37 instances of malware related items and tracking cookies that SAS did not-I was VERY surprised as I had always thought that SAS and MalwareBytes were the best at detection when it comes to the random junk that slips past your firewall and regular security-granted, these were all low level threat items, but SD found them-so, now on to a firewall for her pc, and that should do it-the main defense in place for that pc is Avira Free-for my internet applications,I've found it to work better at detection of "incoming" than Avast and AVG-I used to run S-S&D,but SAS was finding things it didn't-besides,all the log files it generated-a real space hog-and a major pain to uninstall(be fore-warned) I tried SD on this pc, but it would not play nicely with the Webroot sweet/Avira combo-would use this combo for her pc, but more $$$$-free will have to do for now

hey detailer, the best software ive used in my years of testing many things is spywareterminator, avira free, SD, and spyware blaster. cookies can be regularly cleaned with ccleaner. Teatimer is a hog for slow computers and i dont use it. HOWEVER DONT GO WITH SPYWARE DOCTOR FREE. IT SUCKS! IT HAS LESS THAN HALF THE FULL DATABASE THAN THE PAID VERSION!

I know

IFP-this version is not the free or the full paid-it lacks the shields and protection capability of the paid, but has the "detection" capability of the paid version-can't afford to throw paid stuff at this used pc for my ten year old right now-trying out a couple of firewalls to round it out-but as I have said before,security programs have to be experimented with and chosen on the basis of your internet proclivities. That is to say what I use now works for me because of where I travel on the internet-these same security utilities may not work for you-just like yours may not work for me-catch my drift?

IFP-this version is not the free or the full paid-it lacks the shields and protection capability of the paid, but has the "detection" capability of the paid version-can't afford to throw paid stuff at this used pc for my ten year old right now-trying out a couple of firewalls to round it out-but as I have said before,security programs have to be experimented with and chosen on the basis of your internet proclivities. That is to say what I use now works for me because of where I travel on the internet-these same security utilities may not work for you-just like yours may not work for me-catch my drift?

hah i know once in 6th grade when someone used "catch my drift" on me and i started using it and people were like "what the #@#@" and the someone was like "oh cuz i was talking to him and i said catch my drift" 8)

anyways i dont like spywaredoctor- uses too much resources. as for firewalls, comodo is eryeffective but annoying when you try to launch games for the first time since installation. i wouldnt go for zonealarm as it did not pass pcflanks leak test. as for anti spyware i have spyware terminator which updates on a daily basis and is known for its capability. spybot sd is also good for immunization. spywareblaster is also immunization. they all use very little system resources.

Archived