IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware isn't being stopped! [FALSE POSITIVE by Anvi Smart Defender!]

Using my paid for ASC Ultimate 7 my pc gets the all clear. However even just using the free version of Anvi Smart Defender immediately after finds several infections still present!!!

DB Version: 1.04.0304

Type:615313 Name:BackDoor.Turkojan Path:C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedBit Video Accelerator

Type:668303 Name:BackDoor.Turkojan Path:C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedBit Video Accelerator\Accelerator.dll

Type:668307 Name:BackDoor.Turkojan Path:C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedBit Video Accelerator\Accelerator.dll

Type:745939 Name:Trojan.Agent Path:C:\PROGRA~2\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll

What's going on???

Malware not being removed

Yes, it appears the malware infections listed in my original note above are not being found or blocked or removed by ASC Ultimate 7.

I don't think there is any point in screen shots as I did a copy and paste of the infected files listed above straight from Anvi's Smart Defender's fault log in any case. Any pictures would just have shown the same text in a window.

Using my paid for ASC Ultimate 7 my pc gets the all clear. However even just using the free version of Anvi Smart Defender immediately after finds several infections still present!!!

DB Version: 1.04.0304

Type:615313 Name:BackDoor.Turkojan Path:C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedBit Video Accelerator

Type:668303 Name:BackDoor.Turkojan Path:C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedBit Video Accelerator\Accelerator.dll

Type:668307 Name:BackDoor.Turkojan Path:C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedBit Video Accelerator\Accelerator.dll

Type:745939 Name:Trojan.Agent Path:C:\PROGRA~2\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll

What's going on???

Anvi Smart Defender has a high rate of False Positives. I have tested Anvi Smart Defender and almost half from total threats detected was false positive( I have checked them with virustotal.com).

Hi ffireblade,

Thanks for your continual reply.

We did a test and did not find the threats as you mentioned.

Please check and make sure that you have the latest version of

Anvi Smart Defender. Then scan again to see whether it detects the same threats.

If it does, please zip the files that are detected as threats and send it to us to look into.

Looking forward to your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Replying to the original post.

However even just using the free version of Anvi Smart Defender immediately after finds several infections still present!!!

Since that is a different security software, it's just normal I think that it will give you a different result but that doesn't mean an accurate one. That's almost positive to be a false positive. icon_smile.gif

Hi ffireblade,

Thanks for your continual reply.

We did a test and did not find the threats as you mentioned.

Please check and make sure that you have the latest version of

Anvi Smart Defender. Then scan again to see whether it detects the same threats.

If it does, please zip the files that are detected as threats and send it to us to look into.

Looking forward to your reply.

The first three positive results came from a Speedbit directory, the fourth came from a Java directory. I've traced the file paths and attached the files I found at those locations below.

• 3 weeks later...

Stopping Malware in ASCU7

Cicely,

I uploaded the zipped files as you requested earlier in this thread, but I appear to have had a response yet. I would be grateful if you could look at the files concerned, if only to confirm that they are not infected please.

Thanks

ffireblade

Hi ffireblade,

Thanks for your reply.

We have checked the files you supplied. They are safe. Please do not worry. It is just a false positive by Anvi Smart Defender.

If you have any other issues, please feel free to tell us.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

• 2 months later...

Archived