IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

When the support for multiple users accounts?

ektorbarajas

I have one shared computer at home, and SD3 only works when the user that installed the program logs to the computer.

If other user logs, then SD won't run.

I think this is key feature to implement, and since SD 1 was on beta until SD 3.1 it has not being implemented.

Hope to see this soon.

Regards

Hi ektorbarajas,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently, Smart Defrag is available on multiple accounts.

If it is not available on your PC, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SDInfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to your reply.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi ektorbarajas,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently, Smart Defrag is available on multiple accounts.

If it is not available on your PC, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SDInfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to your reply.

I don't know if there are some issues with the forum, but I'm subscribed to this thread and never got an email of your reply, sorry Cicely.

I'm attaching the requested file for two computers, in both SD only runs and defrags when the user that installed it is logged in.

BTW, does Iobit has even considering making SD to run as a service? this will be a better approach for multi users and will allow the program to run even if no user as logged in.

Hi ektorbarajas,

Thanks for your fast reply.

For the issue " SD only runs and defrags when the user that installed it is logged in", please give us more details. Do you mean SD can not load automatically or you can not find it in the account that did not install it? Or do you mean that you can not open it manually or can not defrag in the account that did not install it?

Looking for your reply.

Hi Cicely.

What happens is that SD only starts automatically for the user that installed it, if other user logins, SD is not started automatically

If a standard user (no admin) logins and tries to manually start SD, it's not possible, it says that admins privileges are required.

If another admin user logins, then SD can manually be started and run but the configuration defined by the user who installed is not present. So it seems that configuration is per user.

So even if the other admin could manually start SD, the user will define his own settings for SD, and this will result in chaos.

So to fix this issue my suggestions are:

A) That SD installs for ALL users and to configure SD in a way that the settings are stored on the program folder instead of each user profile. Doing so will warrant one setting for all users, and that SD will start automatically for every user as soon as they login. Also make sure that SD could be executed with non-admin users

B) Other approach would be similar to the first one, but to make SD run as a service, that way it doesn't matter what user logins, SD will run (even if no user has logged in yet)

Kind regards

Archived